The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inUnion, Missouri
Union, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re accused of a crime, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? It’s scary, and the consequences can be significant. However, hiring a defense attorney can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your wellbeing throughout the process.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, hiring a skilled defense attorney can be one of the most important moves you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of lawyers and paralegals who serve those accused of crimes in courts across Union and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Important Role of Your Union, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our team is tasked with defending your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and make sure that you receive fair treatment, from the arrest procedure and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
On top of protecting your basic constitutional rights, we aim to help resolve your case while lessening the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the ideal outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to scrutinize the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interrogating witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are committed to building a strong defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When suspected of a crime, hiring a strong defense attorney in Union, Missouri is essential. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you hire the right criminal defense lawyer in Union, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Union, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements go against the protections put into law to protect the accused. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the responsibilities of a defense attorney in Union, Missouri and reasons for hiring one is to investigate your case to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and examine police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be intricate and perplexing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Union, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and understand the charges against you, the possible consequences of a conviction, and the possible paths to resolution.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Union, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the appropriate decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We examine the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has built you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can substantially impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Union, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of probation or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Union, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you retain certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, scientists or other professionals to compile evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Enjoy peace of mind: Facing the reality of Union, Missouri criminal charges can be a stressful and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will experience peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
In the end, each case is unique, and you require personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you meet with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Arrange a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Union, Missouri, we’ve encountered clients facing a wide range of criminal charges in our practice carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Each case comes with its own set of legal nuances that call for the experience of a seasoned Union, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
We often represent clients facing drug charges. The charges can vary from possession
. Drug charges typically stem from police investigations and arrests.
If you are facing drug charges in Union, Missouri, it is crucial to hire a defense attorney near Union, Missouri who has handled these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will question the legality of the search and seizure, object to the evidence presented, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss the charges or land an alternative sentencing deal such as rehab or drug court.
Being charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is essential to contact a defense attorney in Union, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can dispute the results of the breathalyzer or blood test, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious criminal charges. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are some of the most serious crimes. A skilled defense attorney can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Union, Missouri can challenge the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights from start to finish.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft charges. Theft-related charges can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can have an impact on your personal and professional life. It can make it very difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Union, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are accused of a crime of any kind, it is crucial to retain a defense attorney who has experience handling cases comparable to yours. Each type of charge presents its own distinct legal issues and complications, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the complications of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Union, Missouri, we are dedicated to defending our clients’ legal rights and offering empathetic and effective representation. To book a consultation and find out how we can assist you with your criminal case, contact us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of winning in court. You also deserve a lawyer who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Union, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment arrangements with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me stay out of jail?
Despite the fact that there is no assurance that you can avoid jail time, a proficient defense attorney similar to the lawyers at Combs Law Group can aim to secure plea deals, dispute the proof presented by the prosecution, and construct a strong argument for your side. At the end of the day, your case result will depend on a number of factors, including how strong the evidence is against you and the decision of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Consult a Defense Attorney in Union, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been faced with charges for any crime, whether an ordinance violation, minor crime, breach of supervision or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a strong defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your advocate, someone you can count on to act in your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Reach out to the Combs Law Group office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Union, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our form online.