The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inTroy, Missouri
Troy, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re facing the potential of a criminal conviction, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. It’s scary, and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be severe. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your wellbeing throughout the process.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, securing qualified defense counsel can be one of the most important moves you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of attorneys and legal assistants who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Troy and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Crucial Role of Your Troy, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with preserving your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and make sure that you receive fair treatment, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
On top of protecting your basic constitutional rights, we work to help resolve your case while lessening the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will battle for the best possible outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, reducing the charges reduced to lesser crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to examine the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From questioning witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are devoted to building a strong defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When suspected of a crime, hiring a strong defense attorney in Troy, Missouri is essential. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you retain the right criminal defense lawyer in Troy, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Troy, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements break the laws put in place to protect you when accused of a crime. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the responsibilities of a defense attorney in Troy, Missouri and benefits to retain one is to conduct an investigation to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be intricate and confusing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Troy, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and understand the charges against you, the possible consequences of a conviction, and the possible solutions.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Troy, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the right decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can significantly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Troy, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges through community service or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Troy, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you retain certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, scientists or other professionals to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Find peace of mind: Facing the reality of Troy, Missouri criminal charges can be a frightening and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will find peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
Ultimately, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you speak to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Get a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Troy, Missouri, we’ve seen clients facing a wide range of criminal charges in our practice carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Every case brings its own unique set of legal nuances that call for the experience of a seasoned Troy, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
We often represent clients facing drug charges. The charges can range from possession
. Drug charges typically stem from police investigations and arrests.
If you are facing drug charges in Troy, Missouri, it is vital to hire a defense attorney near Troy, Missouri who has handled these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will seek to suppress the evidence obtained, object to the evidence presented, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
DWI or driving while intoxicated charges can be life-altering. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is imperative to contact a defense attorney in Troy, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can question the accuracy of the tests, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Troy, Missouri can dispute the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights from start to finish.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft charges. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can have an impact on your personal and professional life. It can make it very difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With the help of a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Troy, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are charged with a crime of any kind, it is crucial to hire a defense attorney who has experience handling cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own distinct legal issues and complications, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the intricacies of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Troy, Missouri, we are passionate about safeguarding our clients’ legal rights and providing understanding and effective representation. To schedule a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, get in touch with us now. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Common Questions from our Clients
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of winning in court. You also deserve a lawyer who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
What are the fees for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Troy, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before starting your case. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
How can a defense attorney help me stay out of jail?
Even though there is no assurance that you can avoid jail time, an adept defense attorney like the lawyers at Combs Law Group can aim to secure plea agreements, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and create a solid argument for your side. At the end of the day, your case result will depend on a number of factors, like the strength of the evidence against you and the discretion of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Speak to a Defense Attorney in Troy, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been faced with charges for any crime, whether an ordinance violation, minor crime, parole or probation violation or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a robust defense and protection from discrimination.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your advocate, someone you can count on to work toward your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Contact the Combs Law Group office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Troy, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message online.