Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inSullivan, Missouri
Sullivan, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re facing the potential of a criminal conviction, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be significant. However, hiring a defense attorney can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance during the process.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, hiring a skilled defense attorney is one of the most critical moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of attorneys and legal assistants who defend those accused of crimes in courts across Sullivan and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Important Role of Your Sullivan, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with preserving your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and make sure that you are treated fairly, from the arrest procedure and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
On top of protecting your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while reducing the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the ideal outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to examine the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interrogating witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are committed to building a strong defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Sullivan, Missouri is crucial. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you retain a qualified criminal defense lawyer in Sullivan, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Sullivan, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements go against the protections put into law to protect you when accused of a crime. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in Sullivan, Missouri and benefits to hiring one is to conduct an investigation to uncover evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and examine police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complex and confusing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Sullivan, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and grasp the charges against you, the possible impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Sullivan, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you grasp the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We investigate the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to convince the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or land an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can significantly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Sullivan, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges through community service or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Sullivan, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you retain certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Leverage our resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, technical experts or other professionals to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Sullivan, Missouri criminal charges can be a frightening and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can experience peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
Ultimately, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you consult with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Schedule a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Sullivan, Missouri, we’ve represented clients facing a wide range of criminal charges in our practice from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Each case comes with its own set of legal issues and challenges that call for the experience of a seasoned Sullivan, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can vary from possession to trafficking and distribution. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Sullivan, Missouri, it is crucial to hire a defense attorney near Sullivan, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can seek to suppress the evidence obtained, object to the evidence presented, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
DWIBeing charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in Sullivan, Missouri without delay. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are some of the most serious crimes. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Sullivan, Missouri can fight the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights every step of the way.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft-related crimes. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it extremely difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With the help of a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Sullivan, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are facing criminal charges of any kind, it is vital to retain a defense attorney who has experience handling cases similar to yours. Each type of charge presents its own unique legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the complications of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Sullivan, Missouri, we are committed to protecting our clients’ legal rights and providing understanding and effective representation. To schedule a consultation and find out how we can assist you with your criminal case, get in touch with us immediately. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
FAQs our Attorneys Hear
What should I look for when hiring a defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of success in the courtroom On top of that, you deserve an attorney who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Sullivan, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
How can a defense attorney assist me in avoiding jail time?
Even though there is no certainty that you can avoid jail time, a proficient defense attorney such as the ones at Combs Law Group can work to negotiate plea bargains, contest the evidence of the prosecution, and construct a strong case on your behalf. Ultimately, the outcome of your case will depend on various factors, including how strong the evidence is against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Sullivan, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an municipal offense, minor crime, parole or probation violation or felony, it is imperative that you act right away. You deserve a solid defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your advocate, someone you can count on to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Reach out to the Combs Law Group office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Sullivan, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message online.