The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inSt. Clair, Missouri
St. Clair, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re facing the potential of a criminal conviction, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be severe. However, hiring a defense attorney can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your wellbeing throughout the legal proceedings.
When you have been accused of a crime, hiring a skilled defense attorney is one of the most significant decisions you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of attorneys and legal assistants who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across St. Clair and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Essential Role of Your St. Clair, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our team is tasked with defending your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and ensure that you are treated fairly, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
In addition to looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we work to help resolve your case while reducing the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the ideal outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to examine the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From interrogating witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are committed to building a strong case in your defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), supplying legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in St. Clair, Missouri is imperative. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you retain a qualified criminal defense lawyer in St. Clair, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your St. Clair, Missouri area defense attorney, we look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements violate the protections put into law to protect you when accused of a crime. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the responsibilities of a defense attorney in St. Clair, Missouri and benefits to retain one is to conduct an investigation to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complex and bewildering. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in St. Clair, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and understand the charges against you, the possible impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced St. Clair, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you grasp the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the appropriate move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We investigate the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can substantially impact your life, both personal and professional. Your Combs Law defense attorney in St. Clair, Missouri will help you keep the effect of your criminal charges on your life through alternative sentencing programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your St. Clair, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you retain certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Access resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with detectives, technical experts or other professionals to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Facing the reality of St. Clair, Missouri criminal charges can be a stressful and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can have peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
In the end, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you meet with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Get a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in St. Clair, Missouri, we’ve seen a wide variety of criminal charges in our practice from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Every case comes with its own set of legal issues and challenges that require the expertise of a seasoned St. Clair, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can vary from minor possession charges
. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in St. Clair, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near St. Clair, Missouri who has experience in handling drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will seek to suppress the evidence obtained, object to the evidence presented, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss the charges or land an alternative sentencing deal such as rehab or drug court.
DWI or driving while intoxicated charges are serious and can have serious consequences. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is imperative to contact a defense attorney in St. Clair, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, seek to exclude evidence obtained during the stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious criminal charges. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to question the validity of the evidence, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are some of the most serious crimes. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in St. Clair, Missouri can challenge the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights throughout the entire legal process.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft charges. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in St. Clair, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are charged with a crime of any kind, it is vital to retain a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own unique legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the intricacies of the criminal justice system and strive for the most favorable outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving St. Clair, Missouri, we are dedicated to protecting our clients’ legal rights and supplying compassionate and effective representation. To receive a consultation and find out how we can assist you with your criminal case, contact us immediately. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions our Attorneys Hear
How do I choose a good defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of success in the courtroom On top of that, you should look for a lawyer who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
What are the fees for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified St. Clair, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment arrangements with your attorney before hiring them. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
How can a defense attorney assist me in avoiding jail time?
Even though it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, a proficient defense attorney like those from Combs Law Group can strive to reach plea agreements, contest the evidence of the prosecution, and create a strong case on your behalf. At the end of the day, your case result will depend on several factors, such as the solidity of the proof against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in St. Clair, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been faced with charges for any crime, whether an municipal offense, misdemeanor, breach of supervision or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a robust defense and protection from unfair treatment.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your advocate, someone you can count on to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Reach out to our office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in St. Clair, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our form online.