Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inSt. Charles County, Missouri
St. Charles County, Missouri Defense Attorney. When facing the potential of a criminal conviction, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. It’s scary, and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be significant. However, hiring a defense attorney can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance throughout the legal proceedings.
When you have been accused of a crime, hiring a skilled defense attorney is one of the most critical moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of lawyers and paralegals who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across St. Charles County and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Crucial Role of Your St. Charles County, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with defending your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and guarantee that you receive fair treatment, from the arrest procedure and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
In addition to looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while minimizing the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the best possible outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to lesser crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to investigate the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are devoted to building a strong defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), offering legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in St. Charles County, Missouri is imperative. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you retain the right criminal defense lawyer in St. Charles County, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your St. Charles County, Missouri area defense attorney, we ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements break the laws put in place to protect the accused. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the duties of a defense attorney in St. Charles County, Missouri and benefits to retain one is to conduct an investigation to retrieve evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and examine police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complex and perplexing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in St. Charles County, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and comprehend the charges against you, the potential impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced St. Charles County, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you grasp the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the right decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We investigate the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to convince the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can substantially impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in St. Charles County, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges through diversion programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your St. Charles County, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you retain certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with detectives, scientists or other professionals to collect evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Facing the reality of St. Charles County, Missouri criminal charges can be a frightening and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will have peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
At the end of the day, each case is unique, and you require personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you consult with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Arrange a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in St. Charles County, Missouri, we’ve encountered a wide variety of criminal charges in our practice carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Every case brings its own set of challenges that require the experience of a seasoned St. Charles County, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesWe often represent clients facing drug charges. The charges can vary from small possession charges to trafficking and distribution. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in St. Charles County, Missouri, it is vital to hire a defense attorney near St. Charles County, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will question the legality of the search and seizure, argue against the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
DWIDWI or driving while intoxicated charges can be life-altering. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is essential to contact a defense attorney in St. Charles County, Missouri right away. An experienced attorney can question the accuracy of the tests, seek to exclude evidence obtained during the stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious criminal charges. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in St. Charles County, Missouri can challenge the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights from start to finish.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all examples of theft charges. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With the help of a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in St. Charles County, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are accused of a crime of any kind, it is vital to hire a defense attorney who has experience managing cases similar to yours. Each type of charge presents its own set of unique legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the intricacies of the criminal justice system and strive for the most favorable outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving St. Charles County, Missouri, we are dedicated to protecting our clients’ legal rights and supplying understanding and effective representation. To receive a consultation and find out how we can assist you with your criminal case, contact us now. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of winning in court. On top of that, you deserve an attorney who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How much does a defense attorney cost?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified St. Charles County, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before starting your case. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to assist me in avoiding jail time?
Although it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, an adept defense attorney such as the ones at Combs Law Group can strive to reach plea agreements, dispute the proof presented by the prosecution, and build a solid case on your behalf. In the end, the outcome of your case will depend on several factors, including the strength of the evidence against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Consult a Defense Attorney in St. Charles County, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been accused of any crime, whether an municipal offense, minor crime, parole or probation violation or felony, it is imperative that you act right away. You deserve a robust defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your ally, someone you can trust to act in your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Reach out to the Combs Law Group office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in St. Charles County, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.