Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inShrewsbury, Missouri
Shrewsbury, Missouri Defense Attorney. When facing the potential of a criminal conviction, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. It’s scary, and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be severe. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance throughout the legal proceedings.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, hiring a skilled defense attorney can be one of the most significant decisions you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of legal professionals and staff who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Shrewsbury and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Essential Role of Your Shrewsbury, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, we is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We abide by the highest standard and make sure that you are treated fairly, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
On top of protecting your basic constitutional rights, we aim to help resolve your case while reducing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will battle for the best possible outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, reducing the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to investigate the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are committed to building a strong case in your defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When suspected of a crime, hiring a strong defense attorney in Shrewsbury, Missouri is imperative. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you hire a qualified criminal defense lawyer in Shrewsbury, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Shrewsbury, Missouri area defense attorney, we look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements break the protections put into law to protect you when accused of a crime. We see to it that Missouri courts are held accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in Shrewsbury, Missouri and reasons for hiring one is to conduct an investigation to uncover evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and review police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be intricate and perplexing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Shrewsbury, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and comprehend the charges against you, the potential impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and the possible paths to resolution.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Shrewsbury, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you understand the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We investigate the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has built you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or land an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can significantly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Shrewsbury, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges through community service or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Shrewsbury, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you retain certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with detectives, forensic experts or other professionals to collect evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Find peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Shrewsbury, Missouri criminal charges can be a stressful and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will find peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
Ultimately, each case is unique, and you require personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you meet with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Arrange a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Shrewsbury, Missouri, we’ve represented clients facing a wide range of criminal charges in our practice from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Each case comes with its own set of challenges that call for the expertise of a seasoned Shrewsbury, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges are one of the most common cases we handle. The charges can range from small possession charges to trafficking and distribution. Drug charges typically stem from police investigations and arrests.
If you are facing drug charges in Shrewsbury, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Shrewsbury, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can question the legality of the search and seizure, argue against the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
DWIDWI or driving while intoxicated charges are serious and can have serious consequences. The potential penalties include fines, license suspension, and jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in Shrewsbury, Missouri right away. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, seek to exclude evidence obtained during the stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Shrewsbury, Missouri can dispute the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights throughout the entire legal process.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all examples of theft-related crimes. Theft-related charges can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can impact your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Shrewsbury, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are accused of a crime of any kind, it is crucial to retain a defense attorney who has experience managing cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own unique legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you navigate the complexities of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Shrewsbury, Missouri, we are dedicated to defending our clients’ legal rights and supplying empathetic and effective representation. To receive a consultation and find out how we can assist you with your criminal case, get in touch with us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions about Criminal Defense
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of winning in court. You also should look for an attorney who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
What are the fees for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Shrewsbury, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me in avoiding jail time?
Even though there is no certainty that you can avoid jail time, a proficient defense attorney like the lawyers at Combs Law Group can aim to secure plea agreements, contest the evidence of the prosecution, and create a robust defense on your behalf. In the end, your case result will depend on various factors, like the solidity of the proof against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Shrewsbury, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an ordinance violation, misdemeanor, parole or probation violation or felony, it is paramount that you act right away. You deserve a solid defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your representative, someone you can depend upon to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Reach out to our office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Shrewsbury, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.