Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inPortage Des Sioux, Missouri
Portage Des Sioux, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re accused of a crime, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be severe. However, hiring a defense attorney can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your wellbeing during the legal proceedings.
When you have been accused of a crime, securing qualified defense counsel can be one of the most significant decisions you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of lawyers and paralegals who serve those accused of crimes in courts across Portage Des Sioux and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Essential Role of Your Portage Des Sioux, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, we is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and guarantee that you receive fair treatment, from the arrest procedure and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
In addition to looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we work to help resolve your case while reducing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will battle for the best possible outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to scrutinize the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are committed to building a strong defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Portage Des Sioux, Missouri is imperative. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you retain the right criminal defense lawyer in Portage Des Sioux, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Portage Des Sioux, Missouri area defense attorney, we look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements break the laws put in place to protect you when accused of a crime. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the responsibilities of a defense attorney in Portage Des Sioux, Missouri and reasons for hiring one is to investigate your case to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and examine police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be intricate and bewildering. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Portage Des Sioux, Missouri will help you work through the legal system and understand the charges against you, the possible impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Portage Des Sioux, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you understand the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We investigate the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or obtain an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can greatly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Portage Des Sioux, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges through diversion programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Portage Des Sioux, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you retain certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, forensic experts or other professionals to collect evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Enjoy peace of mind: Facing the reality of Portage Des Sioux, Missouri criminal charges can be a unsettling and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can have peace of mind knowing that you have an experienced professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
In the end, each case is unique, and you require personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you meet with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Get a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Portage Des Sioux, Missouri, we’ve seen clients facing a wide range of criminal charges over the years from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Every case brings its own set of legal complexities that call for the expertise of a seasoned Portage Des Sioux, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can vary from small possession charges to trafficking and distribution. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Portage Des Sioux, Missouri, it is crucial to hire a defense attorney near Portage Des Sioux, Missouri who has experience in handling drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can question the legality of the search and seizure, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
DWIDWI or driving while intoxicated charges can be life-altering. The potential penalties include fines, license suspension, and jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in Portage Des Sioux, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, argue against the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are some of the most serious crimes. A skilled defense attorney can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Portage Des Sioux, Missouri can dispute the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights every step of the way.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all instances of theft charges. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With the help of a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Portage Des Sioux, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are accused of a crime of any kind, it is crucial to hire a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own distinct legal issues and complications, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the complexities of the criminal justice system and strive for the optimal result in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Portage Des Sioux, Missouri, we are passionate about safeguarding our clients’ legal rights and supplying empathetic and effective representation. To schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your criminal case, contact us immediately. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions our Attorneys Hear
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of winning in court. On top of that, you should look for a lawyer who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Portage Des Sioux, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before hiring them. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
How can a defense attorney help me stay out of jail?
Despite the fact that it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, an adept defense attorney such as those from Combs Law Group can work to negotiate plea agreements, dispute the proof presented by the prosecution, and create a solid case for your side. Ultimately, your case result will depend on several factors, like the solidity of the proof against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Portage Des Sioux, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an ordinance violation, misdemeanor, parole or probation violation or felony, it is imperative that you act right away. You deserve a robust defense and protection from injustice.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your ally, someone you can count on to act in your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Contact our office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Portage Des Sioux, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our form online.