The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inOld Monroe, Missouri
Old Monroe, Missouri Defense Attorney. When accused of a crime, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences can be severe. However, hiring a defense attorney can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance during the process.
When you have been accused of a crime, securing qualified defense counsel can be one of the most critical moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of attorneys and legal assistants who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Old Monroe and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Vital Role of Your Old Monroe, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our team is tasked with defending your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and ensure that you receive fair treatment, from the arrest procedure and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
On top of looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while lessening the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will battle for the ideal outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, reducing the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to investigate the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From questioning witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are focused to building a strong case in your defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), supplying legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Old Monroe, Missouri is crucial. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you hire the right criminal defense lawyer in Old Monroe, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Old Monroe, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements break the laws put in place to protect you when accused of a crime. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in Old Monroe, Missouri and benefits to hiring one is to investigate your case to retrieve evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and review police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complex and perplexing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Old Monroe, Missouri will help you work through the legal system and grasp the charges against you, the possible consequences of a conviction, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Old Monroe, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you understand the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the right decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We examine the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can significantly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Old Monroe, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of probation or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Old Monroe, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you retain certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Access resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, forensic experts or other professionals to compile evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Enjoy peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Old Monroe, Missouri criminal charges can be a unsettling and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
Ultimately, each case is unique, and you require personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you talk to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Get a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Old Monroe, Missouri, we’ve encountered a broad range of criminal charges in our practice carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Every type of charge brings its own unique set of legal complexities that require the experience of a seasoned Old Monroe, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug charges are one of the most common cases we handle. The charges can range from small possession charges
. Drug charges typically stem from police investigations and arrests.
If you are facing drug charges in Old Monroe, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Old Monroe, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will question the legality of the search and seizure, argue against the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss the charges or land an alternative sentencing deal such as rehab or drug court.
Being charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. The potential penalties include fines, license suspension, and jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is imperative to contact a defense attorney in Old Monroe, Missouri right away. An experienced attorney can question the accuracy of the tests, argue against the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are some of the most serious crimes. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Old Monroe, Missouri can dispute the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights every step of the way.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all examples of theft charges. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it extremely difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. Hire a defense attorney from Combs Law Group in Old Monroe, Missouri to challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
If you are accused of a crime of any kind, it is crucial to retain a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases comparable to yours. Each type of charge presents its own distinct legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the complexities of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Old Monroe, Missouri, we are passionate about protecting our clients’ legal rights and providing empathetic and effective representation. To book a consultation and find out how we can assist you with your criminal case, reach out to us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of winning in court. On top of that, you deserve an attorney who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
How much does a defense attorney cost?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Old Monroe, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before starting your case. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me in avoiding jail time?
Although it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, a skilled defense attorney such as the ones at Combs Law Group can strive to reach plea bargains, dispute the proof presented by the prosecution, and construct a solid case on your behalf. Ultimately, the outcome of your case will depend on a number of factors, including the strength of the evidence against you and the discretion of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Old Monroe, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an ordinance violation, misdemeanor, parole or probation violation or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a solid defense and protection from injustice.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your representative, someone you can count on to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Contact the Combs Law Group office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Old Monroe, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our form online.