The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inO’Fallon, Missouri
O’Fallon, Missouri Defense Attorney. When accused of a crime, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? It’s scary, and the consequences can be significant. However, hiring a defense attorney can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your peace of mind during the process.
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a skilled defense attorney can be one of the most critical moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of attorneys and legal assistants who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across O’Fallon and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Important Role of Your O’Fallon, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and ensure that you are treated fairly, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
In addition to protecting your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while reducing the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the ideal outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to scrutinize the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are devoted to building a strong defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), supplying legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in O’Fallon, Missouri is essential. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you hire the right criminal defense lawyer in O’Fallon, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your O’Fallon, Missouri area defense attorney, we look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements are against the laws put in place to protect you when accused of a crime. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the duties of a defense attorney in O’Fallon, Missouri and benefits to hiring one is to conduct an investigation to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and review police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complicated and bewildering. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in O’Fallon, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and comprehend the charges against you, the possible impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and the possible paths to resolution.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced O’Fallon, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We examine the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has built you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or land an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can greatly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in O’Fallon, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges through diversion programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your O’Fallon, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you keep certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Leverage our resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, technical experts or other professionals to compile evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Find peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of O’Fallon, Missouri criminal charges can be a daunting and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will find peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
Ultimately, each case is unique, and you need personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you consult with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Schedule a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in O’Fallon, Missouri, we’ve seen a wide variety of criminal charges over the years carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Each type of charge brings its own set of challenges that call for the skillset of a seasoned O’Fallon, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
We often represent clients facing drug charges. The charges can range from possession
. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in O’Fallon, Missouri, it is crucial to hire a defense attorney near O’Fallon, Missouri who has experience in handling drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can seek to suppress the evidence obtained, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
DWI or driving while intoxicated charges are serious and can have serious consequences. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is imperative to contact a defense attorney in O’Fallon, Missouri without delay. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, argue against the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious criminal charges. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are some of the most serious crimes. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in O’Fallon, Missouri can dispute the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights throughout the entire legal process.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all instances of theft-related crimes. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in fines and other penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can impact your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. Hire a defense attorney from Combs Law Group in O’Fallon, Missouri to challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
If you are charged with a crime of any kind, it is important to retain a defense attorney who has experience handling cases similar to yours. Each type of charge presents its own set of unique legal issues and complications, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the intricacies of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving O’Fallon, Missouri, we are committed to protecting our clients’ legal rights and offering understanding and effective representation. To receive a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, get in touch with us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions our Attorneys Hear
How do I choose a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of winning in court. On top of that, you should look for a lawyer who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified O’Fallon, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me in avoiding jail time?
Despite the fact that there is no certainty that you can avoid jail time, a skilled defense attorney similar to the lawyers at Combs Law Group can aim to secure plea deals, contest the evidence of the prosecution, and create a solid case in your favor. In the end, the outcome of your case will depend on a number of factors, including how strong the evidence is against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in O’Fallon, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been faced with charges for any crime, whether an municipal offense, minor crime, parole or probation violation or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a solid defense and protection from unfair treatment.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your representative, someone you can depend upon to work toward your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Contact our office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in O’Fallon, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.