Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inNew Melle, Missouri
New Melle, Missouri Defense Attorney. When facing the potential of a criminal conviction, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be significant. However, hiring a defense attorney can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance during the legal proceedings.
When you have been accused of a crime, finding a competent defense lawyer is one of the most critical moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of legal professionals and staff who defend people who have been accused of crimes in courts across New Melle and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Vital Role of Your New Melle, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, we is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We abide by the highest standard and guarantee that you receive fair treatment, from the arrest procedure and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
In addition to protecting your basic constitutional rights, we work to help resolve your case while lessening the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the ideal outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to examine the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interrogating witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are devoted to building a strong case in your defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in New Melle, Missouri is crucial. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you hire the right criminal defense lawyer in New Melle, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your New Melle, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements are against the laws put in place to protect the accused. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the responsibilities of a defense attorney in New Melle, Missouri and reasons for retain one is to conduct an investigation to retrieve evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and examine police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complicated and bewildering. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in New Melle, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and understand the charges against you, the potential consequences of a conviction, and the possible solutions.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced New Melle, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We examine the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has built you. We may be able to convince the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or land an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can significantly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in New Melle, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of diversion programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your New Melle, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you retain certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, scientists or other professionals to collect evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Facing the reality of New Melle, Missouri criminal charges can be a scary and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will have peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
Ultimately, each case is unique, and you require personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you consult with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Get a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in New Melle, Missouri, we’ve seen a wide variety of criminal charges over the years from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Each case brings its own unique set of legal issues and challenges that call for the skillset of a seasoned New Melle, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can range from small possession charges to trafficking and distribution. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in New Melle, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near New Melle, Missouri who has experience in handling drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will challenge the legality of the search and seizure, object to the evidence presented, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
DWIDWI or driving while intoxicated charges are serious and can have serious consequences. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is imperative to contact a defense attorney in New Melle, Missouri without delay. An experienced attorney can dispute the results of the breathalyzer or blood test, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious legal repurcussions. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are serious and can carry significant penalties. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in New Melle, Missouri can challenge the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights from start to finish.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft-related crimes. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can have an impact on your personal and professional life. It can make it extremely difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With the help of a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in New Melle, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are accused of a crime of any kind, it is vital to retain a defense attorney who has experience handling cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own unique legal issues and complications, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the intricacies of the criminal justice system and strive for the most favorable outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving New Melle, Missouri, we are dedicated to protecting our clients’ legal rights and offering empathetic and effective representation. To schedule a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, get in touch with us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
FAQs about Criminal Defense
How do I choose a good defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of winning in court. You also should look for an attorney who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified New Melle, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before hiring them. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me stay out of jail?
Even though there is no certainty that you can avoid jail time, a proficient defense attorney like the ones at Combs Law Group can aim to secure plea deals, contest the evidence of the prosecution, and build a robust argument in your favor. Ultimately, the outcome of your case will depend on various factors, including the strength of the evidence against you and the discretion of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Consult a Defense Attorney in New Melle, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been accused of any crime, whether an municipal offense, misdemeanor, parole or probation violation or felony, it is important that you act right away. You deserve a solid defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your advocate, someone you can count on to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Reach out to our office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in New Melle, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.