Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inNew Haven, Missouri
New Haven, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re facing the potential of a criminal conviction, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be severe. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance throughout the legal proceedings.
When you have been accused of a crime, securing qualified defense counsel is one of the most critical moves you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of lawyers and paralegals who defend people who have been accused of crimes in courts across New Haven and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Essential Role of Your New Haven, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with preserving your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and make sure that you are treated fairly, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
On top of protecting your basic constitutional rights, we aim to help resolve your case while reducing the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the best possible outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to lesser crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to investigate the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are devoted to building a strong case in your defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in New Haven, Missouri is essential. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you retain the right criminal defense lawyer in New Haven, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your New Haven, Missouri area defense attorney, we ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements violate the protections put into law to protect you when accused of a crime. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in New Haven, Missouri and benefits to retain one is to investigate your case to uncover evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complex and bewildering. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in New Haven, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and understand the charges against you, the possible impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced New Haven, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you grasp the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to convince the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can substantially impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in New Haven, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of diversion programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your New Haven, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you retain certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Access resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with investigators, technical experts or other professionals to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Enjoy peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of New Haven, Missouri criminal charges can be a stressful and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will have peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
In the end, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you meet with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Arrange a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in New Haven, Missouri, we’ve represented clients facing a wide range of criminal charges in our practice carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Each case brings its own set of legal complexities that require the skillset of a seasoned New Haven, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges are one of the most common cases we handle. The charges can range from small possession charges to trafficking and distribution. Drug charges typically stem from police investigations and arrests.
If you are facing drug charges in New Haven, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near New Haven, Missouri who has experience in handling drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can question the legality of the search and seizure, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
DWIDWI or driving while intoxicated charges are serious and can have serious consequences. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is essential to contact a defense attorney in New Haven, Missouri without delay. An experienced attorney can question the accuracy of the tests, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious legal repurcussions. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in New Haven, Missouri can dispute the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights every step of the way.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all instances of theft-related crimes. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can impact your personal and professional life. It can make it extremely difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With the help of a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in New Haven, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are facing criminal charges of any kind, it is crucial to hire a defense attorney who has experience managing cases similar to yours. Each type of charge presents its own set of unique legal issues and complications, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the complexities of the criminal justice system and strive for the most favorable outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving New Haven, Missouri, we are dedicated to protecting our clients’ legal rights and providing understanding and effective representation. To book a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, contact us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
FAQs from our Clients
How do I choose a good defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of success in the courtroom On top of that, you should look for a lawyer who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How much does a defense attorney cost?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified New Haven, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
How can a defense attorney assist me in avoiding jail time?
Although there is no certainty that you can avoid jail time, a proficient defense attorney such as those from Combs Law Group can strive to reach plea deals, dispute the proof presented by the prosecution, and construct a solid case on your behalf. In the end, your case result will depend on various factors, like how strong the evidence is against you and the discretion of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Speak to a Defense Attorney in New Haven, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an ordinance violation, misdemeanor, breach of supervision or felony, it is imperative that you act right away. You deserve a robust defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your ally, someone you can trust to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Contact our office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in New Haven, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.