The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inMaryland Heights, Missouri
Maryland Heights, Missouri Defense Attorney. When facing the potential of a criminal conviction, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be severe. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your wellbeing during the legal proceedings.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, finding a competent defense lawyer can be one of the most critical decisions you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of legal professionals and staff who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Maryland Heights and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Important Role of Your Maryland Heights, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, we is tasked with defending your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and ensure that you are treated fairly, from the arrest procedure and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
In addition to looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we aim to help resolve your case while minimizing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will fight for the ideal outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to investigate the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From questioning witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are devoted to building a strong case in your defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Maryland Heights, Missouri is imperative. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you hire a qualified criminal defense lawyer in Maryland Heights, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Maryland Heights, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements are against the laws put in place to protect you when accused of a crime. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the responsibilities of a defense attorney in Maryland Heights, Missouri and benefits to retain one is to investigate your case to uncover evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and review police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complex and confusing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Maryland Heights, Missouri will help you work through the legal system and understand the charges against you, the possible consequences of a conviction, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Maryland Heights, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you grasp the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We examine the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has built you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can greatly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Maryland Heights, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of community service or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Maryland Heights, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you keep certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Access resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, forensic experts or other professionals to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Facing the reality of Maryland Heights, Missouri criminal charges can be a frightening and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can experience peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
At the end of the day, each case is unique, and you need personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you meet with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Get a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Maryland Heights, Missouri, we’ve represented a broad range of criminal charges over the years carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Each case comes with its own unique set of legal complexities that require the expertise of a seasoned Maryland Heights, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
We often represent clients facing drug charges. The charges can vary from possession
. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Maryland Heights, Missouri, it is vital to hire a defense attorney near Maryland Heights, Missouri who has experience in handling drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will seek to suppress the evidence obtained, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss the charges or land an alternative sentencing deal such as rehab or drug court.
Being charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is essential to contact a defense attorney in Maryland Heights, Missouri right away. An experienced attorney can dispute the results of the breathalyzer or blood test, seek to exclude evidence obtained during the stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious legal repurcussions. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are some of the most serious crimes. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Maryland Heights, Missouri can challenge the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights from start to finish.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all examples of theft charges. Theft-related charges can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can impact your personal and professional life. It can make it very difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Maryland Heights, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are facing criminal charges of any kind, it is vital to retain a defense attorney who has experience managing cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own set of unique legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the complications of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Maryland Heights, Missouri, we are committed to safeguarding our clients’ legal rights and providing compassionate and effective representation. To receive a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, contact us immediately. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
FAQs our Attorneys Hear
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of success in the courtroom On top of that, you deserve an attorney who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
How much does a defense attorney cost?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Maryland Heights, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
How can a defense attorney assist me in avoiding jail time?
Despite the fact that it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, an adept defense attorney similar to the lawyers at Combs Law Group can work to negotiate plea deals, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and construct a solid case for your side. In the end, your case result will depend on various factors, such as how strong the evidence is against you and the decision of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Speak to a Defense Attorney in Maryland Heights, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been accused of any crime, whether an ordinance violation, misdemeanor, breach of supervision or felony, it is paramount that you act right away. You deserve a robust defense and protection from injustice.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your representative, someone you can depend upon to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Reach out to our office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Maryland Heights, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.