The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inMaplewood, Missouri
Maplewood, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re facing the potential of a criminal conviction, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? It’s scary, and the consequences can be significant. However, hiring a defense attorney can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance throughout the legal proceedings.
When you have been accused of a crime, securing qualified defense counsel is one of the most important moves you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of legal professionals and staff who defend people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Maplewood and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Important Role of Your Maplewood, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, we is tasked with defending your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We abide by the highest standard and make sure that you are treated fairly, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
In addition to looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while minimizing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will battle for the best possible outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to lesser crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to scrutinize the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are committed to building a strong defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
If you are suspected of a crime, hiring a strong defense attorney in Maplewood, Missouri is essential. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you hire the right criminal defense lawyer in Maplewood, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Maplewood, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements are against the protections put into law to protect the accused. We see to it that Missouri courts are held accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the duties of a defense attorney in Maplewood, Missouri and reasons for hiring one is to conduct an investigation to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be intricate and perplexing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Maplewood, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and comprehend the charges against you, the possible consequences of a conviction, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Maplewood, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has built you. We may be able to convince the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or obtain an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can significantly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Maplewood, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of alternative sentencing programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Maplewood, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you retain certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Leverage our resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with investigators, scientists or other professionals to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Enjoy peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Maplewood, Missouri criminal charges can be a frightening and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can find peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
In the end, each case is unique, and you require personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you speak to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Arrange a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Maplewood, Missouri, we’ve seen clients facing a wide range of criminal charges in our practice carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Every type of charge comes with its own unique set of legal complexities that call for the experience of a seasoned Maplewood, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can vary from minor possession charges
. Drug charges typically stem from police investigations and arrests.
If you are facing drug charges in Maplewood, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Maplewood, Missouri who has handled these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will seek to suppress the evidence obtained, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
Being charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. The potential penalties include fines, license suspension, and jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in Maplewood, Missouri right away. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Maplewood, Missouri can challenge the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights throughout the entire criminal justice process.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all instances of theft charges. Theft-related charges can result in fines and other penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can impact your personal and professional life. It can make it extremely difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. Hire a defense attorney from Combs Law Group in Maplewood, Missouri to contest the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
If you are accused of a crime of any kind, it is important to hire a defense attorney who has experience managing cases similar to yours. Each type of charge presents its own unique legal issues and complications, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the complexities of the criminal justice system and strive for the most favorable outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Maplewood, Missouri, we are dedicated to protecting our clients’ legal rights and supplying understanding and effective representation. To schedule a consultation and find out how we can assist you with your criminal case, get in touch with us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions our Attorneys Hear
How do I choose a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of winning in court. On top of that, you should look for a lawyer who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
What are the fees for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Maplewood, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before starting your case. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me stay out of jail?
Even though there is no assurance that you can avoid jail time, a proficient defense attorney such as the ones at Combs Law Group can strive to reach plea agreements, dispute the proof presented by the prosecution, and create a solid argument in your favor. Ultimately, your case result will depend on several factors, such as how strong the evidence is against you and the discretion of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Maplewood, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been accused of any crime, whether an municipal offense, minor crime, breach of supervision or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a strong defense and protection from unfair treatment.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your ally, someone you can trust to work toward your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Contact our office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Maplewood, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message online.