Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inLincoln County, Missouri
Lincoln County, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re accused of a crime, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences can be significant. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance during the legal proceedings.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, hiring a skilled defense attorney can be one of the most critical moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of lawyers and paralegals who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Lincoln County and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Essential Role of Your Lincoln County, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with defending your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and guarantee that you receive fair treatment, from the arrest procedure and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
On top of protecting your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while lessening the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the best possible outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to scrutinize the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are dedicated to building a strong case in your defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), offering legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Lincoln County, Missouri is crucial. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you retain the right criminal defense lawyer in Lincoln County, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Lincoln County, Missouri area defense attorney, we look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements go against the laws put in place to protect you when accused of a crime. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the responsibilities of a defense attorney in Lincoln County, Missouri and benefits to retain one is to investigate your case to retrieve evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and examine police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complicated and confusing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Lincoln County, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and grasp the charges against you, the potential consequences of a conviction, and the possible solutions.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Lincoln County, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the appropriate move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We investigate the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can greatly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Lincoln County, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of probation or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Lincoln County, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you retain certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Leverage our resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, technical experts or other professionals to collect evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Find peace of mind: Facing the reality of Lincoln County, Missouri criminal charges can be a frightening and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
Ultimately, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you speak to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Schedule a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Lincoln County, Missouri, we’ve seen clients facing a wide range of criminal charges over the years from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Each type of charge brings its own unique set of legal nuances that require the skillset of a seasoned Lincoln County, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges are one of the most common cases we handle. The charges can range from minor possession charges to trafficking and distribution. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Lincoln County, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Lincoln County, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will challenge the legality of the search and seizure, argue against the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
DWIBeing charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in Lincoln County, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, seek to exclude evidence obtained during the stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious legal repurcussions. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are serious and can carry significant penalties. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Lincoln County, Missouri can challenge the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights throughout the entire legal process.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all instances of theft charges. Theft-related charges can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can have an impact on your personal and professional life. It can make it very difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Lincoln County, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are charged with a crime of any kind, it is vital to retain a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases comparable to yours. Each type of charge presents its own set of unique legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the complications of the criminal justice system and strive for the optimal result in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Lincoln County, Missouri, we are passionate about defending our clients’ legal rights and offering compassionate and effective representation. To book a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, get in touch with us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
FAQs from our Clients
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of winning in court. On top of that, you deserve an attorney who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
What are the fees for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Lincoln County, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before starting your case. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
How can a defense attorney assist me avoid jail time?
Even though it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, a skilled defense attorney similar to those from Combs Law Group can aim to secure plea bargains, dispute the proof presented by the prosecution, and create a strong argument for your side. At the end of the day, the outcome of your case will depend on a number of factors, such as the strength of the evidence against you and the discretion of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Lincoln County, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been accused of any crime, whether an ordinance violation, misdemeanor, parole or probation violation or felony, it is imperative that you act right away. You deserve a strong defense and protection from discrimination.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your representative, someone you can count on to work toward your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Contact the Combs Law Group office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Lincoln County, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message online.