Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inLake St. Louis, Missouri
Lake St. Louis, Missouri Defense Attorney. When facing the potential of a criminal conviction, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. It’s scary, and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be significant. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your peace of mind throughout the legal proceedings.
If you are facing criminal charges, finding a competent defense lawyer is one of the most significant decisions you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of attorneys and legal assistants who serve those accused of crimes in courts across Lake St. Louis and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Important Role of Your Lake St. Louis, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, we is tasked with preserving your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We abide by the highest standard and guarantee that you receive fair treatment, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
In addition to protecting your basic constitutional rights, we aim to help resolve your case while reducing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will fight for the best possible outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, reducing the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to investigate the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are dedicated to building a strong case in your defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Lake St. Louis, Missouri is essential. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you retain a qualified criminal defense lawyer in Lake St. Louis, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Lake St. Louis, Missouri area defense attorney, we look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements go against the laws put in place to protect the accused. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the duties of a defense attorney in Lake St. Louis, Missouri and reasons for hiring one is to conduct an investigation to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and review police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be intricate and perplexing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Lake St. Louis, Missouri will help you work through the legal system and understand the charges against you, the possible consequences of a conviction, and the possible solutions.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Lake St. Louis, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you grasp the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We investigate the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can greatly impact your life, both personal and professional. Your Combs Law defense attorney in Lake St. Louis, Missouri will help you keep the effect of your criminal charges on your life by way of probation or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Lake St. Louis, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you retain certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with detectives, scientists or other professionals to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Enjoy peace of mind: Facing the reality of Lake St. Louis, Missouri criminal charges can be a frightening and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will experience peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
Ultimately, each case is unique, and you need personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you speak to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Get a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Lake St. Louis, Missouri, we’ve encountered a broad range of criminal charges in our practice carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Every case comes with its own set of challenges that require the expertise of a seasoned Lake St. Louis, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can range from small possession charges to trafficking and distribution. Drug charges typically stem from police investigations and arrests.
If you are facing drug charges in Lake St. Louis, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Lake St. Louis, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will question the legality of the search and seizure, argue against the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
DWIDWI or driving while intoxicated charges are serious and can have serious consequences. The potential penalties include fines, license suspension, and jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in Lake St. Louis, Missouri right away. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, argue against the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious criminal charges. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to question the validity of the evidence, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Lake St. Louis, Missouri can fight the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights every step of the way.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft-related crimes. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in fines and other penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it extremely difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Lake St. Louis, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are facing criminal charges of any kind, it is vital to hire a defense attorney who has experience managing cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own distinct legal issues and obstacles, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the complications of the criminal justice system and strive for the most favorable outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Lake St. Louis, Missouri, we are passionate about defending our clients’ legal rights and supplying empathetic and effective representation. To receive a consultation and find out how we can assist you with your criminal case, reach out to us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions from our Clients
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of success in the courtroom You also should look for an attorney who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Lake St. Louis, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before starting your case. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to assist me stay out of jail?
Despite the fact that there is no certainty that you can avoid jail time, a proficient defense attorney like those from Combs Law Group can aim to secure plea agreements, dispute the proof presented by the prosecution, and build a solid argument for your side. Ultimately, the outcome of your case will depend on several factors, like the solidity of the proof against you and the discretion of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Consult a Defense Attorney in Lake St. Louis, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been accused of any crime, whether an municipal offense, minor crime, breach of supervision or felony, it is important that you act right away. You deserve a robust defense and protection from discrimination.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your representative, someone you can count on to act in your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Reach out to our office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Lake St. Louis, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message online.