The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inKirkwood, Missouri
Kirkwood, Missouri Defense Attorney. When facing the potential of a criminal conviction, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? It’s scary, and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be significant. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your wellbeing throughout the legal proceedings.
When you have been accused of a crime, securing qualified defense counsel can be one of the most significant moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of legal professionals and staff who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Kirkwood and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Essential Role of Your Kirkwood, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with preserving your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and guarantee that you receive fair treatment, from the arrest procedure and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
In addition to protecting your basic constitutional rights, we aim to help resolve your case while reducing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will fight for the ideal outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to lesser crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to examine the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are dedicated to building a strong case in your defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When suspected of a crime, hiring a strong defense attorney in Kirkwood, Missouri is essential. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you retain the right criminal defense lawyer in Kirkwood, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Kirkwood, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements go against the protections put into law to protect the accused. We see to it that Missouri courts are held accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in Kirkwood, Missouri and reasons for retain one is to investigate your case to retrieve evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and examine police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be intricate and perplexing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Kirkwood, Missouri will help you work through the legal system and comprehend the charges against you, the potential consequences of a conviction, and the possible solutions.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Kirkwood, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you understand the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We investigate the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to convince the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or land an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can substantially impact your life, both personal and professional. Your Combs Law defense attorney in Kirkwood, Missouri will help you keep the effect of your criminal charges on your life by way of community service or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Kirkwood, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you keep certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with detectives, scientists or other professionals to collect evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Facing the reality of Kirkwood, Missouri criminal charges can be a frightening and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can have peace of mind knowing that you have an experienced professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
At the end of the day, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you consult with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Get a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Kirkwood, Missouri, we’ve represented clients facing a wide range of criminal charges in our practice carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Each type of charge comes with its own set of legal issues and challenges that call for the skillset of a seasoned Kirkwood, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug charges are one of the most common cases we handle. The charges can range from possession
. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Kirkwood, Missouri, it is vital to hire a defense attorney near Kirkwood, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can question the legality of the search and seizure, argue against the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
DWI or driving while intoxicated charges are serious and can have serious consequences. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is essential to contact a defense attorney in Kirkwood, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can question the accuracy of the tests, argue against the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Kirkwood, Missouri can challenge the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights from start to finish.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft charges. Theft-related charges can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can impact your personal and professional life. It can make it extremely difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. Hire a defense attorney from Combs Law Group in Kirkwood, Missouri to challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
If you are accused of a crime of any kind, it is vital to retain a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases similar to yours. Each type of charge presents its own distinct legal issues and complications, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the intricacies of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Kirkwood, Missouri, we are passionate about defending our clients’ legal rights and supplying compassionate and effective representation. To schedule a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, get in touch with us immediately. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions about Criminal Defense
How do I choose a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of success in the courtroom You also deserve a lawyer who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Kirkwood, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before hiring them. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me stay out of jail?
Even though there is no certainty that you can avoid jail time, an adept defense attorney such as the ones at Combs Law Group can aim to secure plea deals, dispute the proof presented by the prosecution, and create a robust defense for your side. Ultimately, your case result will depend on several factors, including the solidity of the proof against you and the decision of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Speak to a Defense Attorney in Kirkwood, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an ordinance violation, minor crime, parole or probation violation or felony, it is important that you act right away. You deserve a robust defense and protection from unfair treatment.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your representative, someone you can depend upon to work toward your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Contact the Combs Law Group office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Kirkwood, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message online.