The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inJefferson City, Missouri
Jefferson City, Missouri Defense Attorney. When accused of a crime, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? It’s scary, and the consequences can be severe. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your peace of mind during the legal proceedings.
When you have been accused of a crime, hiring a skilled defense attorney is one of the most significant decisions you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of lawyers and paralegals who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Jefferson City and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Important Role of Your Jefferson City, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We abide by the highest standard and make sure that you are treated fairly, from the arrest procedure and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
On top of protecting your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while lessening the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will fight for the ideal outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to lesser crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to examine the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interrogating witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are committed to building a strong case in your defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), supplying legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When suspected of a crime, hiring a strong defense attorney in Jefferson City, Missouri is crucial. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you hire the right criminal defense lawyer in Jefferson City, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Jefferson City, Missouri area defense attorney, we look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements are against the laws put in place to protect you when accused of a crime. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the responsibilities of a defense attorney in Jefferson City, Missouri and benefits to hiring one is to investigate your case to uncover evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and review police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complicated and perplexing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Jefferson City, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and understand the charges against you, the potential impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and the possible paths to resolution.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Jefferson City, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the right decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We investigate the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has built you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can greatly impact your life, both personal and professional. Your Combs Law defense attorney in Jefferson City, Missouri will help you keep the effect of your criminal charges on your life by way of probation or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Jefferson City, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you keep certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Access resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with investigators, technical experts or other professionals to compile evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Jefferson City, Missouri criminal charges can be a scary and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
In the end, each case is unique, and you need personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you speak to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Arrange a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Jefferson City, Missouri, we’ve represented a diverse set of criminal charges over the years carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Every case brings its own set of challenges that call for the skillset of a seasoned Jefferson City, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can vary from minor possession charges
. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Jefferson City, Missouri, it is critical to hire a defense attorney near Jefferson City, Missouri who has handled drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will question the legality of the search and seizure, argue against the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
Being charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. The potential penalties include fines, license suspension, and jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in Jefferson City, Missouri right away. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious legal repurcussions. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Jefferson City, Missouri can dispute the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights from start to finish.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft charges. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can impact your personal and professional life. It can make it extremely difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Jefferson City, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are accused of a crime of any kind, it is important to retain a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases comparable to yours. Each type of charge presents its own set of unique legal issues and obstacles, and a skilled attorney can help you navigate the complexities of the criminal justice system and strive for the optimal result in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Jefferson City, Missouri, we are passionate about protecting our clients’ legal rights and offering empathetic and effective representation. To book a consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your criminal case, get in touch with us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions about Criminal Defense
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of success in the courtroom You also should look for a lawyer who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
What are the fees for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Jefferson City, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before hiring them. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
How can a defense attorney assist me avoid jail time?
Despite the fact that there is no assurance that you can avoid jail time, a skilled defense attorney like the lawyers at Combs Law Group can work to negotiate plea agreements, contest the evidence of the prosecution, and create a solid argument on your behalf. In the end, the outcome of your case will depend on several factors, such as the solidity of the proof against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Jefferson City, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been accused of any crime, whether an municipal offense, misdemeanor, parole or probation violation or felony, it is paramount that you act right away. You deserve a strong defense and protection from injustice.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your advocate, someone you can trust to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Reach out to our office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Jefferson City, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our form online.