Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inHowell, Missouri
Howell, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re facing the potential of a criminal conviction, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences can be severe. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance during the legal proceedings.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, hiring a skilled defense attorney is one of the most critical moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of attorneys and legal assistants who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Howell and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Vital Role of Your Howell, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our team is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and ensure that you are treated fairly, from the arrest procedure and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
On top of looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we aim to help resolve your case while minimizing the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will fight for the ideal outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to scrutinize the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are committed to building a strong defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), offering legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When suspected of a crime, hiring a strong defense attorney in Howell, Missouri is essential. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you hire the right criminal defense lawyer in Howell, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Howell, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements are against the protections put into law to protect you when accused of a crime. We see to it that Missouri courts are held accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in Howell, Missouri and benefits to hiring one is to conduct an investigation to uncover evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complicated and perplexing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Howell, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and comprehend the charges against you, the possible impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and the possible paths to resolution.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Howell, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you understand the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the appropriate decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to convince the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can substantially impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Howell, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of probation or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Howell, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you retain certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Access resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, scientists or other professionals to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Howell, Missouri criminal charges can be a frightening and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
At the end of the day, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you speak to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Arrange a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Howell, Missouri, we’ve represented a wide variety of criminal charges in our practice from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Each case brings its own set of legal issues and challenges that require the experience of a seasoned Howell, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can vary from possession to trafficking and distribution. Drug charges typically stem from police investigations and arrests.
If you are facing drug charges in Howell, Missouri, it is critical to hire a defense attorney near Howell, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will question the legality of the search and seizure, argue against the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
DWIDWI or driving while intoxicated charges can be life-altering. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is essential to contact a defense attorney in Howell, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can question the accuracy of the tests, argue against the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Howell, Missouri can dispute the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights from start to finish.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all instances of theft charges. Theft-related charges can result in fines and other penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can have an impact on your personal and professional life. It can make it very difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Howell, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are facing criminal charges of any kind, it is vital to hire a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own unique legal issues and complications, and a skilled attorney can help you navigate the complexities of the criminal justice system and strive for the optimal result in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Howell, Missouri, we are committed to defending our clients’ legal rights and supplying empathetic and effective representation. To receive a consultation and find out how we can assist you with your criminal case, contact us now. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Common Questions from our Clients
How do I choose a good defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of winning in court. On top of that, you should look for an attorney who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
How much does a defense attorney cost?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Howell, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before starting your case. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me avoid jail time?
Even though it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, a skilled defense attorney like the lawyers at Combs Law Group can work to negotiate plea agreements, dispute the proof presented by the prosecution, and create a solid argument for your side. Ultimately, your case result will depend on several factors, like the strength of the evidence against you and the decision of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Howell, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been faced with charges for any crime, whether an ordinance violation, minor crime, parole or probation violation or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a solid defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your ally, someone you can depend upon to work toward your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Contact our office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Howell, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message online.