The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inHolts Summit, Missouri
Holts Summit, Missouri Defense Attorney. When accused of a crime, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. It’s scary, and the consequences can be significant. However, hiring a defense attorney can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your peace of mind during the process.
If you are facing criminal charges, finding a competent defense lawyer can be one of the most important moves you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of lawyers and paralegals who defend those accused of crimes in courts across Holts Summit and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Vital Role of Your Holts Summit, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and make sure that you receive fair treatment, from the arrest procedure and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
On top of looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while minimizing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will fight for the best possible outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, reducing the charges reduced to lesser crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to investigate the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From interrogating witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are committed to building a strong case in your defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When suspected of a crime, hiring a strong defense attorney in Holts Summit, Missouri is crucial. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you hire a qualified criminal defense lawyer in Holts Summit, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Holts Summit, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements violate the protections put into law to protect the accused. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in Holts Summit, Missouri and reasons for hiring one is to conduct an investigation to retrieve evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complex and bewildering. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Holts Summit, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and comprehend the charges against you, the potential consequences of a conviction, and the possible paths to resolution.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Holts Summit, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you grasp the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the appropriate move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We examine the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to convince the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or obtain an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can greatly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Holts Summit, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of alternative sentencing programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Holts Summit, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you keep certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Access resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, forensic experts or other professionals to compile evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Find peace of mind: Facing the reality of Holts Summit, Missouri criminal charges can be a daunting and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
In the end, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you speak to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Schedule a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Holts Summit, Missouri, we’ve encountered clients facing a wide range of criminal charges over the years carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Each type of charge comes with its own unique set of legal nuances that require the expertise of a seasoned Holts Summit, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
We often represent clients facing drug charges. The charges can range from small possession charges
. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Holts Summit, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Holts Summit, Missouri who has handled these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can question the legality of the search and seizure, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss the charges or land an alternative sentencing deal such as rehab or drug court.
Being charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is imperative to contact a defense attorney in Holts Summit, Missouri right away. An experienced attorney can dispute the results of the breathalyzer or blood test, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are serious and can carry significant penalties. A skilled defense attorney can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Holts Summit, Missouri can challenge the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights every step of the way.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all examples of theft-related crimes. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in fines and other penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can have an impact on your personal and professional life. It can make it very difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With the help of a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Holts Summit, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are accused of a crime of any kind, it is vital to hire a defense attorney who has experience handling cases similar to yours. Each type of charge presents its own distinct legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the intricacies of the criminal justice system and strive for the optimal result in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Holts Summit, Missouri, we are passionate about safeguarding our clients’ legal rights and supplying empathetic and effective representation. To book a consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your criminal case, reach out to us now. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
FAQs about Criminal Defense
How do I choose a good defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of winning in court. You also deserve a lawyer who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How much does a defense attorney cost?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Holts Summit, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
How can a defense attorney help me stay out of jail?
Despite the fact that there is no assurance that you can avoid jail time, an adept defense attorney similar to those from Combs Law Group can strive to reach plea agreements, contest the evidence of the prosecution, and build a robust defense for your side. In the end, the outcome of your case will depend on several factors, including how strong the evidence is against you and the decision of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Speak to a Defense Attorney in Holts Summit, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been accused of any crime, whether an municipal offense, misdemeanor, breach of supervision or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a strong defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your ally, someone you can count on to act in your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Reach out to the Combs Law Group office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Holts Summit, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.