Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inGray Summit, Missouri
Gray Summit, Missouri Defense Attorney. When accused of a crime, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. It’s scary, and the consequences can be severe. However, hiring a defense attorney can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your peace of mind during the process.
When you have been accused of a crime, finding a competent defense lawyer is one of the most significant decisions you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of attorneys and legal assistants who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Gray Summit and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Important Role of Your Gray Summit, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with preserving your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and make sure that you are treated fairly, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
In addition to looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we aim to help resolve your case while lessening the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will battle for the best possible outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to scrutinize the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From questioning witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are dedicated to building a strong defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), offering legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Gray Summit, Missouri is imperative. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you hire the right criminal defense lawyer in Gray Summit, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Gray Summit, Missouri area defense attorney, we ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements go against the protections put into law to protect the accused. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in Gray Summit, Missouri and benefits to hiring one is to investigate your case to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complicated and bewildering. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Gray Summit, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and comprehend the charges against you, the potential impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Gray Summit, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you grasp the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the right decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or obtain an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can greatly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Gray Summit, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges through probation or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Gray Summit, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you keep certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Leverage our resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with detectives, forensic experts or other professionals to compile evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Facing the reality of Gray Summit, Missouri criminal charges can be a daunting and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will have peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
In the end, each case is unique, and you require personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you consult with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Arrange a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Gray Summit, Missouri, we’ve seen clients facing a wide range of criminal charges over the years from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Every case brings its own unique set of legal nuances that call for the skillset of a seasoned Gray Summit, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesWe often represent clients facing drug charges. The charges can range from small possession charges to trafficking and distribution. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Gray Summit, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Gray Summit, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will seek to suppress the evidence obtained, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
DWIDWI or driving while intoxicated charges are serious and can have serious consequences. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in Gray Summit, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can question the accuracy of the tests, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious criminal charges. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to question the validity of the evidence, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Gray Summit, Missouri can dispute the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights from start to finish.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft charges. Theft-related charges can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it extremely difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. Hire a defense attorney from Combs Law Group in Gray Summit, Missouri to dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
If you are accused of a crime of any kind, it is vital to retain a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases similar to yours. Each type of charge presents its own distinct legal issues and obstacles, and a skilled attorney can help you navigate the complexities of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Gray Summit, Missouri, we are passionate about defending our clients’ legal rights and offering empathetic and effective representation. To schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your criminal case, get in touch with us now. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Common Questions our Attorneys Hear
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of winning in court. You also deserve an attorney who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
What are the fees for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Gray Summit, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment arrangements with your attorney before hiring them. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me in avoiding jail time?
Even though it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, a skilled defense attorney like those from Combs Law Group can work to negotiate plea bargains, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and construct a strong argument for your side. Ultimately, the outcome of your case will depend on various factors, including the strength of the evidence against you and the discretion of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Gray Summit, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been faced with charges for any crime, whether an municipal offense, minor crime, breach of supervision or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a solid defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your advocate, someone you can depend upon to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Reach out to our office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Gray Summit, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.