The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inGerald, Missouri
Gerald, Missouri Defense Attorney. When accused of a crime, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences can be severe. However, hiring a defense attorney can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance during the process.
When you have been accused of a crime, finding a competent defense lawyer can be one of the most important moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of lawyers and paralegals who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Gerald and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Essential Role of Your Gerald, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, we is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and ensure that you receive fair treatment, from the arrest procedure and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
In addition to protecting your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while lessening the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the best possible outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, reducing the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to scrutinize the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From questioning witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are dedicated to building a strong defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), offering legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Gerald, Missouri is crucial. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you hire a qualified criminal defense lawyer in Gerald, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Gerald, Missouri area defense attorney, we look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements are against the laws put in place to protect the accused. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in Gerald, Missouri and reasons for hiring one is to conduct an investigation to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complicated and bewildering. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Gerald, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and comprehend the charges against you, the potential consequences of a conviction, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Gerald, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the appropriate decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can substantially impact your life, both personal and professional. Your Combs Law defense attorney in Gerald, Missouri will help you keep the effect of your criminal charges on your life by way of diversion programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Gerald, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you keep certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Leverage our resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with detectives, scientists or other professionals to collect evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Gerald, Missouri criminal charges can be a frightening and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can experience peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
At the end of the day, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you talk to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Schedule a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Gerald, Missouri, we’ve represented clients facing a wide range of criminal charges over the years from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Each case brings its own set of challenges that call for the skillset of a seasoned Gerald, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can vary from small possession charges
. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Gerald, Missouri, it is critical to hire a defense attorney near Gerald, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can challenge the legality of the search and seizure, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss the charges or land an alternative sentencing deal such as rehab or drug court.
Being charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. The potential penalties include fines, license suspension, and jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in Gerald, Missouri without delay. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, seek to exclude evidence obtained during the stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are serious and can carry significant penalties. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Gerald, Missouri can fight the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights every step of the way.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft-related crimes. Theft-related charges can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can impact your personal and professional life. It can make it extremely difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. Hire a defense attorney from Combs Law Group in Gerald, Missouri to challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
If you are facing criminal charges of any kind, it is crucial to retain a defense attorney who has experience managing cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own unique legal issues and obstacles, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the intricacies of the criminal justice system and strive for the most favorable outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Gerald, Missouri, we are dedicated to safeguarding our clients’ legal rights and supplying understanding and effective representation. To schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your criminal case, contact us immediately. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions our Attorneys Hear
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of winning in court. You also should look for a lawyer who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How much does a defense attorney cost?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Gerald, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
How can a defense attorney assist me avoid jail time?
Even though it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, an adept defense attorney such as the lawyers at Combs Law Group can work to negotiate plea bargains, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and construct a solid argument in your favor. At the end of the day, the outcome of your case will depend on a number of factors, including the strength of the evidence against you and the discretion of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Speak to a Defense Attorney in Gerald, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been faced with charges for any crime, whether an municipal offense, minor crime, breach of supervision or felony, it is paramount that you act right away. You deserve a strong defense and protection from injustice.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your representative, someone you can count on to work toward your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Reach out to our office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Gerald, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.