Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inFulton, Missouri
Fulton, Missouri Defense Attorney. When facing the potential of a criminal conviction, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. It’s scary, and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be significant. However, hiring a defense attorney can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your wellbeing throughout the legal proceedings.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, finding a competent defense lawyer can be one of the most critical moves you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of lawyers and paralegals who defend those accused of crimes in courts across Fulton and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Critical Role of Your Fulton, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our team is tasked with preserving your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and make sure that you are treated fairly, from the arrest procedure and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
On top of looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we work to help resolve your case while minimizing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will fight for the best possible outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to lesser crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to scrutinize the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From questioning witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are focused to building a strong case in your defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), supplying legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Fulton, Missouri is crucial. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you hire the right criminal defense lawyer in Fulton, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Fulton, Missouri area defense attorney, we ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements violate the laws put in place to protect you when accused of a crime. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the responsibilities of a defense attorney in Fulton, Missouri and benefits to retain one is to conduct an investigation to retrieve evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complex and bewildering. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Fulton, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and grasp the charges against you, the possible impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Fulton, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to convince the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or land an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can greatly impact your life, both personal and professional. Your Combs Law defense attorney in Fulton, Missouri will help you keep the effect of your criminal charges on your life by way of community service or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Fulton, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you retain certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Leverage our resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with detectives, technical experts or other professionals to compile evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Find peace of mind: Facing the reality of Fulton, Missouri criminal charges can be a scary and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can find peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
At the end of the day, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you meet with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Schedule a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Fulton, Missouri, we’ve seen a diverse set of criminal charges in our practice carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Every type of charge comes with its own set of challenges that call for the skillset of a seasoned Fulton, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesWe often represent clients facing drug charges. The charges can vary from possession to trafficking and distribution. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Fulton, Missouri, it is crucial to hire a defense attorney near Fulton, Missouri who has handled these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will seek to suppress the evidence obtained, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
DWIBeing charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in Fulton, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, seek to exclude evidence obtained during the stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious legal repurcussions. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Fulton, Missouri can dispute the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights throughout the entire legal process.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all instances of theft-related crimes. Theft-related charges can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can have an impact on your personal and professional life. It can make it very difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Fulton, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are charged with a crime of any kind, it is important to hire a defense attorney who has experience managing cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own unique legal issues and complications, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the complications of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Fulton, Missouri, we are passionate about defending our clients’ legal rights and offering understanding and effective representation. To schedule a consultation and find out how we can assist you with your criminal case, contact us now. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
FAQs from our Clients
What should I look for when hiring a defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of winning in court. On top of that, you deserve a lawyer who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
What are the fees for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Fulton, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before starting your case. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me in avoiding jail time?
Despite the fact that it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, an adept defense attorney like those from Combs Law Group can aim to secure plea bargains, dispute the proof presented by the prosecution, and create a strong case for your side. At the end of the day, the outcome of your case will depend on various factors, including the solidity of the proof against you and the decision of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Speak to a Defense Attorney in Fulton, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been faced with charges for any crime, whether an ordinance violation, minor crime, parole or probation violation or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a strong defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your representative, someone you can trust to work toward your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Contact the Combs Law Group office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Fulton, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.