The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inFranklin County, Missouri
Franklin County, Missouri Defense Attorney. When facing the potential of a criminal conviction, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? It’s scary, and the consequences can be significant. However, hiring a defense attorney can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance throughout the process.
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a skilled defense attorney is one of the most significant decisions you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of lawyers and paralegals who defend people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Franklin County and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Crucial Role of Your Franklin County, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our team is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We abide by the highest standard and make sure that you are treated fairly, from the arrest procedure and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
In addition to protecting your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while minimizing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will battle for the best possible outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to investigate the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interrogating witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are focused to building a strong case in your defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), supplying legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Franklin County, Missouri is crucial. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you hire the right criminal defense lawyer in Franklin County, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Franklin County, Missouri area defense attorney, we look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements go against the protections put into law to protect the accused. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the duties of a defense attorney in Franklin County, Missouri and reasons for hiring one is to investigate your case to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be intricate and perplexing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Franklin County, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and grasp the charges against you, the potential impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Franklin County, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you understand the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the right decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We investigate the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has built you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can significantly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Franklin County, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of probation or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Franklin County, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you retain certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with investigators, technical experts or other professionals to collect evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Franklin County, Missouri criminal charges can be a unsettling and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can experience peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
At the end of the day, each case is unique, and you require personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you speak to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Schedule a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Franklin County, Missouri, we’ve seen clients facing a wide range of criminal charges in our practice carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Every case comes with its own set of legal issues and challenges that require the experience of a seasoned Franklin County, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug charges are one of the most common cases we handle. The charges can vary from minor possession charges
. Drug charges typically stem from police investigations and arrests.
If you are facing drug charges in Franklin County, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Franklin County, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will question the legality of the search and seizure, object to the evidence presented, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss the charges or land an alternative sentencing deal such as rehab or drug court.
Being charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. The potential penalties include fines, license suspension, and jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in Franklin County, Missouri without delay. An experienced attorney can dispute the results of the breathalyzer or blood test, seek to exclude evidence obtained during the stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are serious and can carry significant penalties. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Franklin County, Missouri can fight the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights throughout the entire legal process.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all examples of theft-related crimes. Theft-related charges can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Franklin County, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are charged with a crime of any kind, it is crucial to hire a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own set of unique legal issues and complications, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the complications of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Franklin County, Missouri, we are dedicated to defending our clients’ legal rights and offering compassionate and effective representation. To receive a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, get in touch with us now. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Common Questions about Criminal Defense
How do I choose a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of winning in court. On top of that, you deserve a lawyer who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
What are the fees for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Franklin County, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before starting your case. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
How can a defense attorney assist me avoid jail time?
Although it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, an adept defense attorney such as the lawyers at Combs Law Group can strive to reach plea deals, dispute the proof presented by the prosecution, and construct a solid argument for your side. At the end of the day, the outcome of your case will depend on various factors, such as the solidity of the proof against you and the decision of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Franklin County, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been accused of any crime, whether an ordinance violation, misdemeanor, breach of supervision or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a robust defense and protection from unfair treatment.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your advocate, someone you can trust to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Reach out to the Combs Law Group office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Franklin County, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message online.