The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inFoley, Missouri
Foley, Missouri Defense Attorney. When accused of a crime, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? It’s scary, and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be significant. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your peace of mind throughout the legal proceedings.
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a skilled defense attorney is one of the most critical moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of lawyers and paralegals who defend those accused of crimes in courts across Foley and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Crucial Role of Your Foley, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We abide by the highest standard and make sure that you are treated fairly, from the arrest procedure and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
On top of looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we aim to help resolve your case while reducing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will battle for the ideal outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to investigate the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are committed to building a strong defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), offering legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Foley, Missouri is essential. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you retain a qualified criminal defense lawyer in Foley, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Foley, Missouri area defense attorney, we look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements break the protections put into law to protect you when accused of a crime. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the responsibilities of a defense attorney in Foley, Missouri and reasons for hiring one is to conduct an investigation to retrieve evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complicated and bewildering. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Foley, Missouri will help you work through the legal system and comprehend the charges against you, the potential consequences of a conviction, and the possible paths to resolution.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Foley, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We examine the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can significantly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Foley, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of probation or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Foley, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you retain certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with detectives, technical experts or other professionals to compile evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Find peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Foley, Missouri criminal charges can be a scary and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will find peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
Ultimately, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you consult with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Get a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Foley, Missouri, we’ve represented clients facing a wide range of criminal charges over the years carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Every case comes with its own set of challenges that require the skillset of a seasoned Foley, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
We often represent clients facing drug charges. The charges can range from small possession charges
. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Foley, Missouri, it is vital to hire a defense attorney near Foley, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can seek to suppress the evidence obtained, object to the evidence presented, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss the charges or land an alternative sentencing deal such as rehab or drug court.
Being charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is imperative to contact a defense attorney in Foley, Missouri without delay. An experienced attorney can question the accuracy of the tests, seek to exclude evidence obtained during the stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Foley, Missouri can fight the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights throughout the entire legal process.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all instances of theft charges. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Foley, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are charged with a crime of any kind, it is crucial to hire a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases comparable to yours. Each type of charge presents its own unique legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the complexities of the criminal justice system and strive for the optimal result in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Foley, Missouri, we are passionate about defending our clients’ legal rights and providing compassionate and effective representation. To receive a consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your criminal case, contact us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
FAQs our Attorneys Hear
What should I look for when hiring a defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of winning in court. You also should look for an attorney who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
What are the fees for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Foley, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me avoid jail time?
Despite the fact that it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, a proficient defense attorney similar to the lawyers at Combs Law Group can work to negotiate plea agreements, dispute the proof presented by the prosecution, and construct a strong argument in your favor. In the end, the outcome of your case will depend on several factors, like how strong the evidence is against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Consult a Defense Attorney in Foley, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been accused of any crime, whether an ordinance violation, minor crime, breach of supervision or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a solid defense and protection from injustice.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your ally, someone you can count on to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Reach out to our office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Foley, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message online.