The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inFlorissant, Missouri
Florissant, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re facing the potential of a criminal conviction, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences can be significant. However, hiring a defense attorney can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance during the process.
If you are facing criminal charges, securing qualified defense counsel is one of the most important decisions you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of legal professionals and staff who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Florissant and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Important Role of Your Florissant, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with defending your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and make sure that you are treated fairly, from the arrest procedure and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
In addition to looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while reducing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will battle for the best possible outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, reducing the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to scrutinize the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are committed to building a strong case in your defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), supplying legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When suspected of a crime, hiring a strong defense attorney in Florissant, Missouri is imperative. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you hire a qualified criminal defense lawyer in Florissant, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Florissant, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements violate the laws put in place to protect you when accused of a crime. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the responsibilities of a defense attorney in Florissant, Missouri and reasons for retain one is to conduct an investigation to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and review police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complex and bewildering. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Florissant, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and understand the charges against you, the potential consequences of a conviction, and the possible solutions.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Florissant, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has built you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or land an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can substantially impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Florissant, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of diversion programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Florissant, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you keep certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with detectives, scientists or other professionals to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Facing the reality of Florissant, Missouri criminal charges can be a stressful and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will find peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
At the end of the day, each case is unique, and you need personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you speak to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Schedule a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Florissant, Missouri, we’ve represented a wide variety of criminal charges over the years carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Every case comes with its own set of legal complexities that require the skillset of a seasoned Florissant, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug charges are one of the most common cases we handle. The charges can range from possession
. Drug charges typically stem from police investigations and arrests.
If you are facing drug charges in Florissant, Missouri, it is vital to hire a defense attorney near Florissant, Missouri who has experience in handling drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will question the legality of the search and seizure, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss the charges or land an alternative sentencing deal such as rehab or drug court.
Being charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in Florissant, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Florissant, Missouri can fight the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights every step of the way.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all instances of theft charges. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can impact your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. Hire a defense attorney from Combs Law Group in Florissant, Missouri to contest the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
If you are charged with a crime of any kind, it is crucial to hire a defense attorney who has experience managing cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own set of unique legal issues and complications, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the intricacies of the criminal justice system and strive for the optimal result in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Florissant, Missouri, we are dedicated to protecting our clients’ legal rights and supplying empathetic and effective representation. To receive a consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your criminal case, reach out to us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
FAQs about Criminal Defense
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of winning in court. You also deserve an attorney who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
What are the fees for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Florissant, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me in avoiding jail time?
Even though there is no assurance that you can avoid jail time, an adept defense attorney like those from Combs Law Group can strive to reach plea bargains, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and construct a robust case in your favor. In the end, your case result will depend on various factors, including how strong the evidence is against you and the discretion of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Consult a Defense Attorney in Florissant, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an municipal offense, minor crime, breach of supervision or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a solid defense and protection from unfair treatment.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your ally, someone you can trust to act in your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Contact the Combs Law Group office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Florissant, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our form online.