Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inDefiance, Missouri
Defiance, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re facing the potential of a criminal conviction, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? It’s scary, and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be severe. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your wellbeing throughout the process.
When you have been accused of a crime, finding a competent defense lawyer can be one of the most significant moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of legal professionals and staff who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Defiance and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Crucial Role of Your Defiance, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our team is tasked with preserving your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We abide by the highest standard and guarantee that you are treated fairly, from the arrest procedure and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
On top of looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we aim to help resolve your case while reducing the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will fight for the best possible outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to lesser crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to investigate the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From questioning witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are dedicated to building a strong case in your defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), supplying legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
If you are suspected of a crime, hiring a strong defense attorney in Defiance, Missouri is essential. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you retain the right criminal defense lawyer in Defiance, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Defiance, Missouri area defense attorney, we look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements violate the laws put in place to protect you when accused of a crime. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in Defiance, Missouri and benefits to hiring one is to investigate your case to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and review police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be intricate and confusing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Defiance, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and grasp the charges against you, the potential impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Defiance, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the right decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We examine the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has built you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or land an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can greatly impact your life, both personal and professional. Your Combs Law defense attorney in Defiance, Missouri will help you keep the effect of your criminal charges on your life by way of alternative sentencing programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Defiance, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you keep certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Leverage our resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with detectives, technical experts or other professionals to compile evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Find peace of mind: Facing the reality of Defiance, Missouri criminal charges can be a unsettling and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can experience peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
At the end of the day, each case is unique, and you need personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you consult with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Get a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Defiance, Missouri, we’ve seen a wide variety of criminal charges over the years carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Every case brings its own set of challenges that call for the skillset of a seasoned Defiance, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges are one of the most common cases we handle. The charges can range from minor possession charges to trafficking and distribution. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Defiance, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Defiance, Missouri who has handled these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can challenge the legality of the search and seizure, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
DWIDWI or driving while intoxicated charges can be life-altering. The potential penalties include fines, license suspension, and jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is imperative to contact a defense attorney in Defiance, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can question the accuracy of the tests, argue against the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious legal repurcussions. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Defiance, Missouri can challenge the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights throughout the entire criminal justice process.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all instances of theft-related crimes. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With the help of a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Defiance, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are accused of a crime of any kind, it is crucial to retain a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases comparable to yours. Each type of charge presents its own set of unique legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the intricacies of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Defiance, Missouri, we are passionate about protecting our clients’ legal rights and providing understanding and effective representation. To receive a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, contact us now. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions about Criminal Defense
How do I choose a good defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of success in the courtroom On top of that, you should look for an attorney who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Defiance, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to assist me in avoiding jail time?
Despite the fact that there is no certainty that you can avoid jail time, a proficient defense attorney like the ones at Combs Law Group can work to negotiate plea agreements, contest the evidence of the prosecution, and create a strong argument for your side. In the end, your case result will depend on several factors, like how strong the evidence is against you and the discretion of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Defiance, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been accused of any crime, whether an municipal offense, misdemeanor, breach of supervision or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a strong defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your advocate, someone you can trust to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Reach out to our office to speak to an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Defiance, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.