The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inCreve Coeur, Missouri
Creve Coeur, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re facing the potential of a criminal conviction, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? It’s scary, and the consequences can be significant. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your wellbeing during the process.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, finding a competent defense lawyer can be one of the most significant moves you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of legal professionals and staff who defend people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Creve Coeur and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Critical Role of Your Creve Coeur, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our team is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and make sure that you are treated fairly, from the arrest procedure and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
On top of protecting your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while minimizing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will battle for the best possible outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to lesser crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to investigate the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From questioning witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are committed to building a strong case in your defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), offering legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
If you are suspected of a crime, hiring a strong defense attorney in Creve Coeur, Missouri is essential. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you retain the right criminal defense lawyer in Creve Coeur, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Creve Coeur, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements break the protections put into law to protect you when accused of a crime. We see to it that Missouri courts are held accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the responsibilities of a defense attorney in Creve Coeur, Missouri and benefits to retain one is to investigate your case to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and review police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complicated and confusing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Creve Coeur, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and comprehend the charges against you, the possible impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and the possible paths to resolution.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Creve Coeur, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the appropriate move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can substantially impact your life, both personal and professional. Your Combs Law defense attorney in Creve Coeur, Missouri will help you keep the effect of your criminal charges on your life by way of diversion programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Creve Coeur, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you keep certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with detectives, forensic experts or other professionals to compile evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Creve Coeur, Missouri criminal charges can be a daunting and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can have peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
In the end, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you meet with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Get a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Creve Coeur, Missouri, we’ve encountered a diverse set of criminal charges in our practice carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Every type of charge brings its own unique set of legal issues and challenges that call for the expertise of a seasoned Creve Coeur, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can range from minor possession charges
. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Creve Coeur, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Creve Coeur, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can seek to suppress the evidence obtained, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
DWI or driving while intoxicated charges are serious and can have serious consequences. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is imperative to contact a defense attorney in Creve Coeur, Missouri right away. An experienced attorney can dispute the results of the breathalyzer or blood test, seek to exclude evidence obtained during the stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious legal repurcussions. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Creve Coeur, Missouri can dispute the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights every step of the way.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft-related crimes. Theft-related charges can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. Hire a defense attorney from Combs Law Group in Creve Coeur, Missouri to contest the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
If you are charged with a crime of any kind, it is vital to retain a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own set of unique legal issues and complications, and a skilled attorney can help you navigate the complications of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Creve Coeur, Missouri, we are dedicated to safeguarding our clients’ legal rights and offering understanding and effective representation. To receive a consultation and find out how we can assist you with your criminal case, contact us now. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Common Questions about Criminal Defense
What should I look for when hiring a defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of success in the courtroom You also deserve an attorney who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Creve Coeur, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment options with your attorney before starting your case. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to assist me in avoiding jail time?
Even though there is no certainty that you can avoid jail time, an adept defense attorney like those from Combs Law Group can strive to reach plea agreements, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and build a solid argument for your side. In the end, the outcome of your case will depend on a number of factors, like the strength of the evidence against you and the discretion of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Consult a Defense Attorney in Creve Coeur, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been faced with charges for any crime, whether an municipal offense, minor crime, breach of supervision or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a robust defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your ally, someone you can count on to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Reach out to our office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Creve Coeur, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message online.