Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inCottleville, Missouri
Cottleville, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re facing the potential of a criminal conviction, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. It’s scary, and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be severe. However, hiring a defense attorney can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance throughout the legal proceedings.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, finding a competent defense lawyer can be one of the most critical decisions you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of legal professionals and staff who defend people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Cottleville and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Essential Role of Your Cottleville, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our team is tasked with defending your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We abide by the highest standard and ensure that you are treated fairly, from the arrest procedure and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
On top of protecting your basic constitutional rights, we work to help resolve your case while lessening the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the best possible outcome, which might be receiving a lesser sentence, reducing the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to investigate the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From questioning witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are committed to building a strong case in your defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Cottleville, Missouri is crucial. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you retain the right criminal defense lawyer in Cottleville, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Cottleville, Missouri area defense attorney, we ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements go against the laws put in place to protect the accused. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in Cottleville, Missouri and reasons for hiring one is to conduct an investigation to uncover evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and review police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complicated and perplexing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Cottleville, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and understand the charges against you, the possible consequences of a conviction, and the possible paths to resolution.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Cottleville, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you understand the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the appropriate decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a strong defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to convince the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or land an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can greatly impact your life, both personal and professional. Your Combs Law defense attorney in Cottleville, Missouri will help you keep the effect of your criminal charges on your life by way of diversion programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Cottleville, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you retain certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with investigators, scientists or other professionals to collect evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Facing the reality of Cottleville, Missouri criminal charges can be a daunting and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can find peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
In the end, each case is unique, and you deserve personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you consult with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Schedule a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Cottleville, Missouri, we’ve seen a diverse set of criminal charges over the years from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Every type of charge comes with its own unique set of legal issues and challenges that call for the expertise of a seasoned Cottleville, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can range from possession to trafficking and distribution. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Cottleville, Missouri, it is critical to hire a defense attorney near Cottleville, Missouri who has handled drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will question the legality of the search and seizure, argue against the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
DWIDWI or driving while intoxicated charges can be life-altering. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is essential to contact a defense attorney in Cottleville, Missouri right away. An experienced attorney can question the accuracy of the tests, seek to exclude evidence obtained during the stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are some of the most serious crimes. A skilled defense attorney can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Cottleville, Missouri can dispute the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights from start to finish.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all instances of theft charges. Theft-related charges can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can impact your personal and professional life. It can make it very difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. Hire a defense attorney from Combs Law Group in Cottleville, Missouri to contest the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
If you are facing criminal charges of any kind, it is vital to hire a defense attorney who has experience handling cases similar to yours. Each type of charge presents its own distinct legal issues and complications, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the complexities of the criminal justice system and strive for the optimal result in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Cottleville, Missouri, we are passionate about defending our clients’ legal rights and offering compassionate and effective representation. To receive a consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your criminal case, contact us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
FAQs about Criminal Defense
What should I look for when hiring a defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of success in the courtroom You also should look for a lawyer who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Cottleville, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before hiring them. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
How can a defense attorney assist me in avoiding jail time?
Even though there is no assurance that you can avoid jail time, a proficient defense attorney like the lawyers at Combs Law Group can strive to reach plea agreements, contest the evidence of the prosecution, and construct a strong argument on your behalf. In the end, your case result will depend on a number of factors, like the strength of the evidence against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Consult a Defense Attorney in Cottleville, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an municipal offense, minor crime, breach of supervision or felony, it is important that you act right away. You deserve a robust defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your ally, someone you can trust to act in your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Reach out to the Combs Law Group office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Cottleville, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message online.