Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inClayton, Missouri
Clayton, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re facing the potential of a criminal conviction, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences can be significant. However, hiring a defense attorney can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your wellbeing throughout the legal proceedings.
If you are facing criminal charges, hiring a skilled defense attorney is one of the most critical moves you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of lawyers and paralegals who defend those accused of crimes in courts across Clayton and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Vital Role of Your Clayton, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with preserving your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We abide by the highest standard and make sure that you receive fair treatment, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
On top of looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while minimizing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the best possible outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to examine the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are dedicated to building a strong defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), offering legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Clayton, Missouri is imperative. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you hire a qualified criminal defense lawyer in Clayton, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Clayton, Missouri area defense attorney, we ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements violate the laws put in place to protect the accused. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the duties of a defense attorney in Clayton, Missouri and benefits to hiring one is to conduct an investigation to retrieve evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be intricate and perplexing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Clayton, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and comprehend the charges against you, the potential impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and the possible paths to resolution.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Clayton, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you understand the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can take the right move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We investigate the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has built you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or land an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can significantly impact your life, both personal and professional. Your Combs Law defense attorney in Clayton, Missouri will help you keep the effect of your criminal charges on your life by way of probation or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Clayton, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you keep certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Access resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with investigators, technical experts or other professionals to collect evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Clayton, Missouri criminal charges can be a stressful and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will have peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
In the end, each case is unique, and you need personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you talk to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Schedule a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Clayton, Missouri, we’ve encountered clients facing a wide range of criminal charges over the years from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Each case comes with its own set of legal nuances that call for the experience of a seasoned Clayton, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can range from minor possession charges to trafficking and distribution. Drug charges typically stem from police investigations and arrests.
If you are facing drug charges in Clayton, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Clayton, Missouri who has handled these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can challenge the legality of the search and seizure, object to the evidence presented, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
DWIDWI or driving while intoxicated charges are serious and can have serious consequences. The consequences can be severe, including significant fines and even imprisonment. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is essential to contact a defense attorney in Clayton, Missouri without delay. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are some of the most serious crimes. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Clayton, Missouri can dispute the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights from start to finish.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all instances of theft-related crimes. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can affect your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Clayton, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are facing criminal charges of any kind, it is vital to hire a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases like yours. Each type of charge presents its own set of unique legal issues and obstacles, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the intricacies of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Clayton, Missouri, we are dedicated to protecting our clients’ legal rights and supplying empathetic and effective representation. To receive a consultation and find out how we can assist you with your criminal case, get in touch with us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Common Questions from our Clients
What should I look for when hiring a defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of winning in court. On top of that, you deserve a lawyer who is responsive to your needs and communicates clearly and effectively with you throughout the legal process.
What are the fees for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Clayton, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment arrangements with your attorney before starting your case. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me stay out of jail?
Although there is no assurance that you can avoid jail time, a skilled defense attorney similar to the ones at Combs Law Group can work to negotiate plea bargains, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and build a solid argument for your side. At the end of the day, the outcome of your case will depend on various factors, such as the strength of the evidence against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Clayton, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been accused of any crime, whether an ordinance violation, misdemeanor, breach of supervision or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a robust defense and protection from unfair treatment.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your representative, someone you can trust to act in your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Contact the Combs Law Group office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Clayton, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.