Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inChesterfield, Missouri
Chesterfield, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re facing the potential of a criminal conviction, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences can be significant. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your wellbeing during the legal proceedings.
When you have been accused of a crime, finding a competent defense lawyer can be one of the most critical moves you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of attorneys and legal assistants who serve people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Chesterfield and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Essential Role of Your Chesterfield, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our team is tasked with preserving your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and guarantee that you are treated fairly, from the arrest procedure and evidence they use to the trial proceedings — if your case goes to trial.
In addition to looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we work to help resolve your case while reducing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the best possible outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to examine the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interrogating witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are dedicated to building a strong case in your defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), providing legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Chesterfield, Missouri is essential. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you retain a qualified criminal defense lawyer in Chesterfield, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Chesterfield, Missouri area defense attorney, we look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Actions such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements break the protections put into law to protect the accused. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the duties of a defense attorney in Chesterfield, Missouri and reasons for hiring one is to conduct an investigation to uncover evidence and facts that support your defense case. We question witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complex and confusing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Chesterfield, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and understand the charges against you, the potential impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and the possible paths to resolution.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Chesterfield, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you understand the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and present a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can significantly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Chesterfield, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of diversion programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Chesterfield, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you retain certain rights, secure employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Access resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, technical experts or other professionals to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Enjoy peace of mind: Facing the reality of Chesterfield, Missouri criminal charges can be a scary and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can find peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
Ultimately, each case is unique, and you require personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you consult with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Arrange a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Chesterfield, Missouri, we’ve represented a diverse set of criminal charges over the years carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Every case comes with its own set of legal nuances that require the expertise of a seasoned Chesterfield, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. For additional case types, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesDrug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can range from possession to trafficking and distribution. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Chesterfield, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Chesterfield, Missouri who has handled drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can question the legality of the search and seizure, object to the evidence presented, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
DWIDWI or driving while intoxicated charges are serious and can have serious consequences. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is essential to contact a defense attorney in Chesterfield, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can dispute the results of the breathalyzer or blood test, argue against the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious criminal charges. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Chesterfield, Missouri can fight the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights from start to finish.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all forms of theft charges. Theft-related charges can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can impact your personal and professional life. It can make it very difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. With a criminal defense attorney from Combs Law Group representing you in Chesterfield, Missouri, you can challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense.
If you are facing criminal charges of any kind, it is vital to retain a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases similar to yours. Each type of charge presents its own unique legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you navigate the intricacies of the criminal justice system and strive for the most favorable outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Chesterfield, Missouri, we are committed to protecting our clients’ legal rights and providing compassionate and effective representation. To book a consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your criminal case, reach out to us now. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Common Questions our Attorneys Hear
How do I choose a good defense attorney?
You should look for an experienced defense attorney with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of winning in court. You also deserve a lawyer who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Chesterfield, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before hiring them. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to assist me stay out of jail?
Despite the fact that there is no certainty that you can avoid jail time, a skilled defense attorney like those from Combs Law Group can work to negotiate plea bargains, contest the evidence of the prosecution, and create a strong argument on your behalf. Ultimately, your case result will depend on a number of factors, like the strength of the evidence against you and the decision of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Speak to a Defense Attorney in Chesterfield, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an municipal offense, minor crime, breach of supervision or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a robust defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your ally, someone you can depend upon to work toward your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Reach out to our office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Chesterfield, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.