Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inCatawissa, Missouri
Catawissa, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re accused of a crime, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. It’s scary, and the consequences can be severe. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can make a night-to-day difference in the outcome of your case and your wellbeing throughout the process.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, hiring a skilled defense attorney can be one of the most critical decisions you make. You not only need a legal expert to navigate your case and ensure laws are followed on both sides of the courtroom, but you deserve someone in your corner, an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Our firm has a team of legal professionals and staff who defend those accused of crimes in courts across Catawissa and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Critical Role of Your Catawissa, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, we is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We adhere to the highest standard and guarantee that you receive fair treatment, from the arrest procedure and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
On top of protecting your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while lessening the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will battle for the ideal outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to scrutinize the evidence surrounding the allegations against you. From interviewing witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are devoted to building a strong case in your defense. And when your court dates roll around, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), offering legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Catawissa, Missouri is crucial. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will lead you through the legal process.
When you retain the right criminal defense lawyer in Catawissa, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Catawissa, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements are against the protections put into law to protect the accused. We hold Missouri courts accountable when they breach your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the responsibilities of a defense attorney in Catawissa, Missouri and reasons for retain one is to conduct an investigation to uncover evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and scrutinize police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complex and confusing. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Catawissa, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and comprehend the charges against you, the potential consequences of a conviction, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Catawissa, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you navigate the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the right move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We scrutinize the evidence, question witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has built you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or secure an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can greatly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Catawissa, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of probation or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Catawissa, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you keep certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Leverage our resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, scientists or other professionals to compile evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Find peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Catawissa, Missouri criminal charges can be a scary and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
At the end of the day, each case is unique, and you need personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you speak to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Schedule a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
At Combs Law Group in Catawissa, Missouri, we’ve seen clients facing a wide range of criminal charges over the years carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Every type of charge brings its own set of legal issues and challenges that call for the skillset of a seasoned Catawissa, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug ChargesWe often represent clients facing drug charges. The charges can range from possession to trafficking and distribution. Drug charges typically stem from police investigations and arrests.
If you are facing drug charges in Catawissa, Missouri, it is crucial to hire a defense attorney near Catawissa, Missouri who has experience in handling these types of cases. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can question the legality of the search and seizure, argue against the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
DWIBeing charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to contact a defense attorney in Catawissa, Missouri as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. These charges can carry serious consequences, including fines, imprisonment, and the loss of your right to own a firearm. A defense attorney can work to build a strong defense on your behalf, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes such as assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide are some of the most serious crimes. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Catawissa, Missouri can fight the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights every step of the way.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all examples of theft charges. Conviction for any of these crimes can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can have an impact on your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. Hire a defense attorney from Combs Law Group in Catawissa, Missouri to contest the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
If you are charged with a crime of any kind, it is vital to retain a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases similar to yours. Each type of charge presents its own set of unique legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you work through the complications of the criminal justice system and strive for the optimal result in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Catawissa, Missouri, we are passionate about defending our clients’ legal rights and offering understanding and effective representation. To receive a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, reach out to us today. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions our Attorneys Hear
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of winning in court. You also deserve a lawyer who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Catawissa, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me avoid jail time?
Even though there is no assurance that you can avoid jail time, a proficient defense attorney like those from Combs Law Group can work to negotiate plea agreements, dispute the proof presented by the prosecution, and create a strong argument on your behalf. At the end of the day, the outcome of your case will depend on various factors, like the solidity of the proof against you and the discretion of the judge and prosecutor handling your case.
Speak to a Defense Attorney in Catawissa, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been accused of any crime, whether an municipal offense, misdemeanor, parole or probation violation or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a strong defense and protection from discrimination.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your ally, someone you can count on to work toward your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Contact the Combs Law Group office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Catawissa, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or request a consultation online.