The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inBerger, Missouri
Berger, Missouri Defense Attorney. When you’re facing the potential of a criminal conviction, who among us wouldn’t be frightened, stressed, or possibly even tempted to run and ignore reality? Put frankly, it’s a big deal and the consequences can be significant. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance throughout the process.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, securing qualified defense counsel is one of the most critical moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of legal professionals and staff who defend people who have been accused of crimes in courts across Berger and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Vital Role of Your Berger, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with defending your legal rights and interests throughout the criminal justice process. We abide by the highest standard and ensure that you receive fair treatment, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
In addition to looking out for your basic constitutional rights, we aim to help resolve your case while minimizing the reach of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the best possible outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, getting the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to investigate the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From questioning witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are committed to building a strong defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), supplying legal counsel, representation and support during plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
When facing criminal charges, hiring a strong defense attorney in Berger, Missouri is imperative. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you retain a qualified criminal defense lawyer in Berger, Missouri, we will:
- Protect your rights: As your Berger, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements go against the protections put into law to protect the accused. We make sure that Missouri courts are held accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in Berger, Missouri and benefits to retain one is to investigate your case to access evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and review police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be complicated and bewildering. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Berger, Missouri will help you navigate the legal system and comprehend the charges against you, the possible impact of a criminal conviction on your life, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Berger, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to counsel you on all aspects of and possibilities in your case. We help you understand the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the appropriate decision.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We investigate the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has against you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or obtain an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can significantly impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Berger, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges by way of diversion programs or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Berger, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and refer you with resources to help you keep certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a range of resources that can help support your defense that you would otherwise not be able to use if you were to represent yourself. We might work with private investigators, scientists or other professionals to collect evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Experience peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Berger, Missouri criminal charges can be a frightening and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you can find peace of mind knowing that you have a qualified professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you along the way.
In the end, each case is unique, and you need personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you talk to a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Get a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Berger, Missouri, we’ve represented clients facing a wide range of criminal charges in our practice from simple misdemeanors to complex felonies. Every case comes with its own unique set of legal complexities that call for the expertise of a seasoned Berger, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we handle. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can vary from small possession charges
. These charges are often the result of a drug bust or investigation by law enforcement.
If you are facing drug charges in Berger, Missouri, you owe it to yourself to hire a defense attorney near Berger, Missouri who has handled drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney will question the legality of the search and seizure, object to the evidence presented, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
Being charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is imperative to contact a defense attorney in Berger, Missouri without delay. An experienced attorney can dispute the results of the breathalyzer or blood test, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to reduce the severity of the charges.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t are vulnerable to very serious legal repurcussions. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can dispute the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, including charges of rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Berger, Missouri can fight the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights every step of the way.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all instances of theft-related crimes. Theft-related charges can result in monetary penalties and probation, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. But in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can impact your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. Hire a defense attorney from Combs Law Group in Berger, Missouri to challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
If you are charged with a crime of any kind, it is important to hire a defense attorney who has experience dealing with cases comparable to yours. Each type of charge presents its own distinct legal issues and obstacles, and a skilled attorney can help you get through the complications of the criminal justice system and strive for the best possible outcome in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Berger, Missouri, we are committed to defending our clients’ legal rights and supplying understanding and effective representation. To book a consultation and discover our capabilities regarding your criminal case, get in touch with us now. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions about Criminal Defense
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone with experience in handling your specific type of case, one with a strong track record of winning in court. You also deserve a lawyer who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How do I pay for a defense attorney?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Berger, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment plans with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me stay out of jail?
Despite the fact that it is not guaranteed that you can avoid jail time, an adept defense attorney such as the ones at Combs Law Group can strive to reach plea agreements, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and construct a strong defense for your side. In the end, the outcome of your case will depend on several factors, including how strong the evidence is against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Speak to a Defense Attorney in Berger, Missouri Today | Combs Law Group
If you have been arrested and charged with any crime, whether an ordinance violation, minor crime, parole or probation violation or felony, it is paramount that you act right away. You deserve a robust defense and a chance for fair treatment from the court.
Your Combs Law Group defense attorney will stand proudly by your side and serve as your advocate, someone you can depend upon to work toward your best interest and fight for your rights and fair treatment. Reach out to the Combs Law Group office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Berger, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or send us a message online.