The Importance of Hiring a Skilled Defense Attorney inAugusta, Missouri
Augusta, Missouri Defense Attorney. When accused of a crime, it’s natural to panic, feel hopeless or be tempted to run and avoid the issue for as long as you can. It’s scary, and the consequences — regardless of your actual guilt — can be significant. However, all is not lost. Having a defense attorney represent you can improve your chances of a positive outcome and provide you with support and guidance during the process.
In case you are charged with a criminal offense, hiring a skilled defense attorney is one of the most significant moves you make. It is crucial not only to have legal representation, but also to select an attorney you trust and feel comfortable with, one who is knowledgeable and skilled in cases like yours.
Combs Law Group has a team of attorneys and legal assistants who defend those accused of crimes in courts across Augusta and throughout the state of Missouri. Find out how we can help you with your criminal case by calling (314) 900-HELP or contacting us online now.
The Essential Role of Your Augusta, Missouri Defense Attorney
As your defense attorney, our legal defense team is tasked with protecting your legal rights and interests during the course of the criminal justice process. We abide by the highest standard and make sure that you are treated fairly, from your Miranda rights during the arrest and the prosecution’s use of evidence.
In addition to protecting your basic constitutional rights, we strive to help resolve your case while minimizing the impact of the legal consequences on your life. Depending on the situation and the charges, we will insist upon the ideal outcome, which could be receiving a lesser sentence, reducing the charges reduced to less serious crimes, getting the case dismissed entirely, defeating the charges at trial, or working out a plea deal.
Your Combs Law Group legal defense team works tirelessly to scrutinize the evidence presented in the allegations against you. From questioning witnesses and consulting with topical experts to negotiating with the prosecuting attorneys, when you hire us, we are focused to building a strong defense. And when it comes time for court proceedings to take place, we are right there with you (or there on your behalf), supplying legal counsel, representation and support in court proceedings, such as plea negotiations, pre-trial hearings, and trials.
Why Hire a Defense Attorney?
If you are suspected of a crime, hiring a strong defense attorney in Augusta, Missouri is crucial. Combs Law Group’s defense attorneys bring years of specialized expertise, training, and records of success in Missouri criminal cases similar to yours and will guide you through the legal process.
When you hire the right criminal defense lawyer in Augusta, Missouri, we will:
- Enforce your rights: As your Augusta, Missouri area defense attorney, your Combs Law Group legal team will look out for your best interests and protect you throughout the criminal justice process. Behaviors such as unlawful search and seizure, coerced confessions, or other infringements violate the protections put into law to protect the accused. We see to it that Missouri courts are held accountable when they violate your rights.
- Investigate your case: One of the advantages of a defense attorney in Augusta, Missouri and reasons for hiring one is to investigate your case to uncover evidence and facts that support your defense case. We interview witnesses, consult with experts, and examine police reports, medical records, and other documents related to the case.
- Navigate the legal system: The Missouri criminal justice system can be intricate and bewildering. A Combs Law Group defense attorney in Augusta, Missouri will help you maneuver the legal system and grasp the charges against you, the potential consequences of a conviction, and your options for resolving the matter.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance: As experienced Augusta, Missouri criminal defense lawyers, we are able to advise you on all aspects of and choices available in your case. We help you grasp the Missouri criminal justice system and the potential consequences of a conviction so you can make the right move.
- Build a strong defense: A defense attorney has the knowledge, proficiency, and resources to build a solid defense on your behalf. We investigate the evidence, interview witnesses, consult with experts and offer a compelling case in your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable outcome: Your defense attorney will negotiate with prosecutors to arrive at the best possible outcome for your case. The possible outcomes depend on the details of your arrest and the case the prosecution has built you. We may be able to persuade the prosecutor to drop the case against you, negotiate a plea bargain, seek a reduction in charges or sentence or land an acquittal at trial.
- Minimize the impact: A criminal conviction can substantially impact your life, both personal and professional. With the help of a skilled and dedicated defense attorney in Augusta, Missouri, you can minimize the impact of criminal charges through community service or other sentencing options. If you are ultimately charged, as your Augusta, Missouri defense attorney we may be able to help address your criminal record and connect you with resources to help you retain certain rights, find employment and do other things that are difficult to do with a criminal record.
- Provide access to resources: A defense attorney has access to a number of resources that can be used to win your case and that would be difficult to make use of if you were to represent yourself. We might work with detectives, forensic experts or other professionals to compile evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Find peace of mind: Dealing with the reality of Augusta, Missouri criminal charges can be a daunting and uncertain time. By hiring an experienced defense attorney from Combs Law Group, you will enjoy peace of mind knowing that you have a skilled professional advocating for your legal rights and standing beside you every step of way.
At the end of the day, each case is unique, and you require personalized legal advice. That starts with a free consultation where you consult with a prospective defense attorney to determine the fit and what you can expect if you were to work together. Get a consultation today by calling (314) 900-HELP or requesting one online.
As a criminal defense law firm in Augusta, Missouri, we’ve seen a broad range of criminal charges in our practice carrying potential sentences ranging from minor to life-altering. Each case brings its own unique set of legal complexities that call for the experience of a seasoned Augusta, Missouri defense attorney. Below are some of the most common types of criminal charges that we work. If you don’t see the kind of charges you are facing listed here, check out our full list of criminal defense practice areas or contact an attorney now.
Drug charges can be complex and challenging cases. The charges can vary from possession
. Drug charges typically stem from police investigations and arrests.
If you are facing drug charges in Augusta, Missouri, it is vital to hire a defense attorney near Augusta, Missouri who has handled drug-related charges. A skilled Combs Law Group attorney can challenge the legality of the search and seizure, challenge the admissibility of evidence, and negotiate with prosecutors to get the charges reduced or dismissed.
DWI or driving while intoxicated charges can be life-altering. It can result in fines, license suspension, and even jail time. Though a DWI is often the result of driving while drunk, you can also be arrested for a DWI even if you are under the influence of drugs
. If you have been arrested for DWI, it is imperative to contact a defense attorney in Augusta, Missouri without delay. An experienced attorney can challenge the accuracy of the breathalyzer or blood test, challenge the legality of the traffic stop, and negotiate with prosecutors to obtain a favorable plea agreement.
Though Missouri gun laws are fairly permissive, gun owners must operate firearms within the specifications of state and federal gun laws, and those who don’t can be subject to severe penalties. Gun charges can include illegal possession, brandishing a weapon, and using a weapon in the commission of a crime. The potential penalties include fines, imprisonment, and loss of the right to own firearms. A defense attorney can work to challenge the evidence against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and protect your Second Amendment rights.
Violent crimes refers to an entire category of crimes that range in severity and punishment, including assault, battery, manslaughter and homicide. A skilled defense attorney can seek to exclude evidence obtained by the prosecution, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
There are a variety of crimes that fall under the category of sex crimes, such as rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, and child exploitation. Although the severity and penalties for each crime may differ, charges like these can have long-lasting consequences, such as mandatory sex offender registration. If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, a Combs Law Group defense attorney in Augusta, Missouri can dispute the evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and protect your legal rights throughout the entire criminal justice process.
Embezzlement, identity theft, credit card fraud, and larceny are all examples of theft-related crimes. Theft-related charges can result in fines and penalties, as well as jail time or even imprisonment. However, in addition to the court’s sentence, you will also be left with a criminal record that can impact your personal and professional life. It can make it incredibly difficult to obtain a job, receive assistance, or qualify for opportunities that you want to pursue. Hire a defense attorney from Combs Law Group in Augusta, Missouri to challenge the prosecution’s evidence, negotiate plea agreements, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
If you are charged with a crime of any kind, it is crucial to hire a defense attorney who has experience managing cases comparable to yours. Each type of charge presents its own set of unique legal issues and challenges, and a skilled attorney can help you navigate the complications of the criminal justice system and strive for the optimal result in your case. As a criminal defense law firm serving Augusta, Missouri, we are passionate about protecting our clients’ legal rights and supplying compassionate and effective representation. To schedule a consultation and find out how we can assist you with your criminal case, get in touch with us now. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message.
Frequently Asked Questions our Attorneys Hear
What are the qualities of a good defense attorney?
When hiring a defense attorney, it is important to look for someone who has handled cases similar to yours and has a proven record of winning in court. You also deserve a lawyer who communicates with you, answers your questions and provides the information you need to make sound decisions for yourself during the case.
How much does a defense attorney cost?
The cost of legal representation from a qualified Augusta, Missouri criminal defense lawyer depends on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your case and the attorney’s level of experience. It is important to discuss fees and payment arrangements with your attorney before signing a contract. Start with a free consultation from a Combs Law Group attorney so we can understand your case and the cost of the legal representation you require.
Is it possible for a defense attorney to help me stay out of jail?
Despite the fact that there is no certainty that you can avoid jail time, an adept defense attorney like the lawyers at Combs Law Group can work to negotiate plea agreements, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, and construct a strong argument on your behalf. In the end, your case result will depend on various factors, like the strength of the evidence against you and how the judge and prosecutor handle your case.
Contact a Defense Attorney in Augusta, Missouri Now | Combs Law Group
If you have been faced with charges for any crime, whether an ordinance violation, misdemeanor, breach of supervision or felony, the sooner you speak to a lawyer, the better. You deserve a strong defense and protection from injustice.
Your Combs Law Group defense lawyer will stand proudly by your side and serve as your advocate, someone you can trust to act in your best interest and fight for your freedom and fair treatment. Contact our office to consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Augusta, Missouri right away. Call us at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our form online.