Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Winfield, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Winfield, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in Winfield, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Winfield, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Winfield residents who have been involved in car accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Winfield car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of their clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Winfield, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just remuneration, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Winfield, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Winfield, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Winfield auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Winfield, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Winfield in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, however, car accidents regularly occur, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As experienced Winfield, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Winfield can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Winfield accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Winfield, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Winfield, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your Winfield, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Winfield car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you call a trustworthy and understanding Winfield, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Winfield, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Winfield, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Winfield auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since for the most part the amount of discomfort a Winfield, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Winfield, MO car accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Winfield, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the muscle and acumen of an elite Winfield, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Winfield residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in Winfield, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Winfield, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Winfield, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, do not wait: contact a Winfield car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.