Car Accident Lawyer in Winchester, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Winchester, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an car accident in Winchester, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Contact Our Winchester, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Winchester residents who have been involved in car accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Winchester car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely for all our Winchester, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful compensation, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Winchester, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Winchester, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Winchester auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Winchester, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Winchester for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, every day many car accidents happen, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Winchester, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in Winchester can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Winchester accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Winchester, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Winchester, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your Winchester, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Winchester car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Winchester, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Winchester, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Winchester, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Winchester auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since by and large the amount of difficulty a Winchester, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Winchester, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Winchester, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and intelligence of a competitive Winchester, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Winchester residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they merit following a car accident in Winchester, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Winchester, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Winchester, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Winchester car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer