Car Accident Lawyer in Wentzville, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Wentzville, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an car accident in Wentzville, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact Our Wentzville, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Wentzville residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Wentzville car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight aggressively for all our Wentzville, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Wentzville, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Wentzville, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Wentzville auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Wentzville, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Wentzville to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As experienced Wentzville, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Wentzville can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Wentzville accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Wentzville, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Wentzville, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Wentzville, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Wentzville car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you call a reputable and compassionate Wentzville, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Wentzville, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in Wentzville, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Wentzville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Wentzville, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Wentzville, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and intelligence of a top Wentzville, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Wentzville residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Wentzville, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Wentzville, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Wentzville, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Wentzville car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer