Car Accident Lawyer in Wellston, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Wellston, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an car accident in Wellston, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Contact Our Wellston, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Wellston residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Wellston car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Wellston, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Wellston, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Wellston, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Wellston, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Wellston in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, though, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As experienced Wellston, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in Wellston can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Wellston accident victims. We provide personalized legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Wellston, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Wellston, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly easy to document your Wellston, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Wellston car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you call a reputable and compassionate Wellston, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Wellston, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Wellston, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Wellston auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since by and large the amount of discomfort a Wellston, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Wellston, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Wellston, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of an elite Wellston, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Wellston residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they merit following a car accident in Wellston, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Wellston, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Wellston, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Wellston car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation case review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer