Car Accident Lawyer in Washington, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Washington, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an car accident in Washington, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Contact Our Washington, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Washington residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Washington car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight aggressively for all our Washington, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Washington, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Washington, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Washington, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Washington to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, every day many car accidents happen, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Washington, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Washington can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Washington accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Washington, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Washington, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Washington, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Washington car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you call a reputable and compassionate Washington, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Washington, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Washington, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Washington auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since in most cases the amount of discomfort a Washington, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Washington, MO car accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Washington, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and intelligence of a competitive Washington, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Washington residents from all walks of life to get the justice they deserve following a car accident in Washington, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Washington, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Washington, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, act quickly: contact a Washington car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation document review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer