Car Accident Lawyer in Washington County, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Washington County, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an car accident in Washington County, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Contact Our Washington County, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Washington County residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Washington County car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Washington County, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate compensation, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Washington County, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Washington County, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Washington County auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Washington County, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Washington County to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As veteran Washington County, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of a car accident in Washington County can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Washington County accident victims. We provide unique legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Washington County, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Washington County, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Washington County, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Washington County car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Washington County, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following documents. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Washington County, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Washington County, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Washington County auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a Washington County, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Washington County, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Washington County, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of a competitive Washington County, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Washington County residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in Washington County, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Washington County, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Washington County, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact a Washington County car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer