Car Accident Lawyer in Vandalia, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Vandalia, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an car accident in Vandalia, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Contact Our Vandalia, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Vandalia residents who have been in car accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Vandalia car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Vandalia, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate compensation, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Vandalia, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Vandalia, MO auto accident attorney on your side. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Vandalia auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Vandalia, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Vandalia to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As veteran Vandalia, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the aftermath of a car accident in Vandalia can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just restitution to Vandalia accident victims. We offer unique legal strategies that are built to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Vandalia, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Vandalia, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Vandalia, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Vandalia car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Vandalia, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Vandalia, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Vandalia, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Vandalia auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since for the most part the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Vandalia, MO car accident may result in someone suffering permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Vandalia, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the aggression and acumen of a top Vandalia, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Vandalia residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Vandalia, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Vandalia, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Vandalia, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Vandalia car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer