Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Valley Park, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Valley Park, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an car accident in Valley Park, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Contact Our Valley Park, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Valley Park residents who have been involved in car accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Valley Park car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Valley Park, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Valley Park, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Valley Park, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Valley Park auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Valley Park, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Valley Park to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Valley Park, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of a car accident in Valley Park can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Valley Park accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Valley Park, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Valley Park, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Valley Park, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Valley Park car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you call a reputable and compassionate Valley Park, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Valley Park, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after a car accident in Valley Park, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Valley Park auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since by and large the amount of discomfort a Valley Park, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Valley Park, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Valley Park, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the aggression and intelligence of a competitive Valley Park, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one attention of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Valley Park residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following a car accident in Valley Park, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Valley Park, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Valley Park, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact a Valley Park car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.