Car Accident Lawyer in University City, MO
Car Accident Lawyer University City, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an car accident in University City, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Contact Our University City, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help University City residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our University City car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for their clients. We fight aggressively for all our University City, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate compensation, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a University City, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated University City, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your University City auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete University City, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around University City to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, every day many car accidents happen, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced University City, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in University City can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to University City accident victims. We offer unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In University City, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across University City, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your University City, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your University City car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you speak to a reputable and compassionate University City, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following documents. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in University City, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in University City, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your University City auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since in most cases the amount of discomfort a University City, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a University City, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A University City, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and acumen of an elite University City, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with University City residents from all walks of life to get the justice they deserve following a car accident in University City, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your University City, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in a car accident in University City, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, do not wait: contact a University City car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation document review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer