Car Accident Lawyer in Union, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Union, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an car accident in Union, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Contact Our Union, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Union residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our Union car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Union, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just remuneration, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Union, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Union, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Union auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Union, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Union for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, car accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Union, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of a car accident in Union can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Union accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Union, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Union, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Union, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Union car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Union, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Union, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Union, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Union auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since by and large the amount of difficulty a Union, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Union, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Union, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and legal knowledge of a top Union, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Union residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in Union, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Union, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Union, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact a Union car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-obligation case review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer