Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Truxton, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Truxton, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an car accident in Truxton, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Contact Our Truxton, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Truxton residents who have been in car accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Truxton car accident lawyer finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for their clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Truxton, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just compensation, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Truxton, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Truxton, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Truxton, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Truxton to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As experienced Truxton, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of a car accident in Truxton can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Truxton accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Truxton, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Truxton, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Truxton, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Truxton car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you call a reputable and compassionate Truxton, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Truxton, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Truxton, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Truxton auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since for the most part the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Truxton, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Truxton, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and legal knowledge of a top Truxton, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Truxton residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they merit following a car accident in Truxton, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Truxton, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Truxton, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact a Truxton car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.