Car Accident Lawyer in Truesdale, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Truesdale, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an car accident in Truesdale, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact Our Truesdale, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Truesdale residents who have been involved in car accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Truesdale car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for their clients. We fight aggressively for all our Truesdale, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just remuneration, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Truesdale, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Truesdale, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Truesdale auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Truesdale, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Truesdale in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, car accidents regularly occur, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced Truesdale, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in Truesdale can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Truesdale accident victims. We offer client-centered legal strategies that are built to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Truesdale, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Truesdale, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly easy to document your Truesdale, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Truesdale car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you speak to a reputable and compassionate Truesdale, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following documents. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Truesdale, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in Truesdale, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Truesdale auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since in most cases the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Truesdale, MO car accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Truesdale, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we offer the aggression and acumen of a competitive Truesdale, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of a small practice. Our firm has worked with Truesdale residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they deserve following a car accident in Truesdale, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Truesdale, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Truesdale, MO caused by another party’s negligence, act quickly: contact a Truesdale car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer