Car Accident Lawyer in Sunset Hills, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Sunset Hills, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an car accident in Sunset Hills, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Contact Our Sunset Hills, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Sunset Hills residents who have been involved in car accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Sunset Hills car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for their clients. We fight aggressively for all our Sunset Hills, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate compensation, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Sunset Hills, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran Sunset Hills, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Sunset Hills, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Sunset Hills to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As veteran Sunset Hills, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has taken car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of a car accident in Sunset Hills can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Sunset Hills accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are built to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Sunset Hills, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Sunset Hills, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Sunset Hills, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Sunset Hills car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you talk to a reputable and compassionate Sunset Hills, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following documents. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Sunset Hills, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after a car accident in Sunset Hills, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Sunset Hills auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a Sunset Hills, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Sunset Hills, MO car accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Sunset Hills, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the aggression and acumen of a competitive Sunset Hills, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Sunset Hills residents from all walks of life to get the justice they deserve following a car accident in Sunset Hills, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Sunset Hills, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Sunset Hills, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, act quickly: contact a Sunset Hills car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer