Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Sullivan, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Sullivan, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an car accident in Sullivan, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Sullivan, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Sullivan residents who have been in car accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Sullivan car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely for all our Sullivan, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Sullivan, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Sullivan, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Sullivan, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Sullivan in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, though, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As veteran Sullivan, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Sullivan can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Sullivan accident victims. We provide client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Sullivan, MO
After you have been in a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Sullivan, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Sullivan, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Sullivan car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you speak to a reputable and compassionate Sullivan, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect a car accident in Sullivan, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Sullivan, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Sullivan auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since in most cases the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Sullivan, MO car accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages.
Contact A Sullivan, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the aggression and acumen of an elite Sullivan, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of an individual practice. Our firm has worked with Sullivan residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in Sullivan, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Sullivan, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Sullivan, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact a Sullivan car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.