Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Car Accident Lawyer in Steelville, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Steelville, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an car accident in Steelville, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Contact Our Steelville, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Steelville residents who have been in car accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Steelville car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Steelville, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Steelville, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put an experienced and dedicated Steelville, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Steelville auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Steelville, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Steelville to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, car accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Steelville, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of a car accident in Steelville can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Steelville accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Steelville, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across Steelville, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group suggests that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Steelville, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Steelville car accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The sooner you call a reputable and understanding Steelville, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect a car accident in Steelville, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Steelville, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Steelville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since for the most part the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Steelville, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Steelville, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Cares
At Combs Law Group, we offer the muscle and legal knowledge of an elite Steelville, MO car accident law firm as well as the one-on-one care of a small practice. Our firm has partnered with Steelville residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in Steelville, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Steelville, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Steelville, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Steelville car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by calling (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.