Car Accident Lawyer in Ste. Genevieve, MO
Car Accident Lawyer Ste. Genevieve, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an car accident in Ste. Genevieve, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Contact Our Ste. Genevieve, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help Ste. Genevieve residents who have been in car accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Ste. Genevieve car accident lawyer works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of their clients. We fight fiercely for all our Ste. Genevieve, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just remuneration, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Ste. Genevieve, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a dedicated Ste. Genevieve, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Ste. Genevieve auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Talk To Us
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Ste. Genevieve, MO Car Accident Lawyer
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Ste. Genevieve for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, every day many car accidents happen, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As veteran Ste. Genevieve, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled car accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in Ste. Genevieve can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. Our firm has years of experience in the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just compensation to Ste. Genevieve accident victims. We offer unique legal strategies that are built to meet your particular needs and give our clients closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Ste. Genevieve, MO
Following a car accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many car accident clients across Ste. Genevieve, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients do the following after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Ste. Genevieve, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Ste. Genevieve car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The faster you talk to a reputable and compassionate Ste. Genevieve, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in Ste. Genevieve, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following a car accident in Ste. Genevieve, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Ste. Genevieve auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since for the most part the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Ste. Genevieve, MO car accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A Ste. Genevieve, MO Car Accident Lawyer That Puts You First
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and legal knowledge of a top Ste. Genevieve, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal care of an individual practice. Our firm has partnered with Ste. Genevieve residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they deserve following a car accident in Ste. Genevieve, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Ste. Genevieve, MO car accident case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in Ste. Genevieve, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not wait: contact a Ste. Genevieve car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer