Car Accident Lawyer in St. Peters, MO
Car Accident Lawyer St. Peters, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an car accident in St. Peters, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Contact Our St. Peters, MO Car Accident Lawyers Here
Combs Law Group is here to help St. Peters residents who have been involved in car accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our St. Peters car accident lawyer reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of their clients. We fight fearlessly for all our St. Peters, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just compensation, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a St. Peters, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Combs Law Group, either online or by calling (314) 900-HELP, and put a veteran St. Peters, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. Our firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Talk To Us
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service St. Peters, MO Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around St. Peters to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, car accidents regularly occur, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As experienced St. Peters, MO car accident lawyers, Combs Law Group has handled all kinds of car accident claims and personally viewed how the results of a car accident in St. Peters can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. Our firm has years of experience handling car accident cases, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to St. Peters accident victims. We offer personalized legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
What To Do After A Car Accident In St. Peters, MO
Following a car accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many car accident clients across St. Peters, MO, the staff at Combs Law Group recommends that all our clients take these steps after their car accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your car accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your St. Peters, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your St. Peters car accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. The quicker you speak to a reputable and compassionate St. Peters, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following documents. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect a car accident in St. Peters, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After A Car Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following a car accident in St. Peters, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your St. Peters auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since for the most part the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a St. Peters, MO car accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing a car accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages.
Contact A St. Peters, MO Car Accident Lawyer Who Cares
At Combs Law Group, we provide the strength and intelligence of a competitive St. Peters, MO car accident law firm as well as the personal attention of a small practice. Our firm has worked with St. Peters residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following a car accident in St. Peters, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your St. Peters, MO car accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident in St. Peters, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact a St. Peters car accident lawyer at Combs Law Group today by dialing (314) 900-HELP or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.
Contact us today
Local Car Accident Lawyer